Any advice to help me start my business?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise732

Reaction score
HIya, was just wondering if anyone could help?
i have been doing nail extensions, man's & ped's etc. mobile for a few months now around my 9-5 job after taking loads of Creative courses. I'm just about to do it full time as I really enjoy what i do. I didn't realise that there were so many nail tech's around, and think i'm gonna find this quite hard!?
Does anyone have any advice on advertising or how did you all get started? I've advertised in my local paper and got one new client from it, but i can't keep shelling out money, i need to make some back!!
I thought it would be a good idea to get a part time or full time in a salon to gain experience etc. but there are NO jobs around!!
If anyone has any advice I'd be really grateful!!

thank you!!

Lou xxxx :biggrin:

It is not easy to get a job/rent a table in a good salon. Have you tried approaching local hair/beauty salons with your portfolio - some pics of your work (before and after pictures) and a copy of your certificates. Also, try and get a stall at local school fetes/fairs - good opportunity to promote your services.

If you don't have any joy with the above and you want some salon experience, why don't you approach Nails Inc or New York Nail Co. Have a look on http://www.beautyjobsonline.com/buksearch.php. Good Luck and keep plugging away - I know how you feel!:hug:

thanks very much, i've just been on that website an dapplied for a couple of jobs, fingers crossed!!

Thank u xx

Latest posts

Back