Anyone bought the Gina Wallace courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovelyisLacey

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting some of the courses just to add to my education becuase right now there is not a school in my area. I dont want to waste my money on the practice hand and the courses if its not worth it. Thanks for any input.:p

The Essential nails home study course is very good value for money. It was my first taste of nails and gave me the confidence to carry on my training into the classroom.

The nail trainer is invaluable for a trainee nail tech!

Good luck,

Karenx

I have never done the home study courses so I cannot comment:biggrin: but what I would like to add is I trained many moons ago with Gina Wallace for airbrushing and it was brilliant so if you ever get the chance to train with Gina make sure you do.:D

Hi,

I did my initial course with others and I decided It wasn't enough, I got the Gina Wallace videos and done the training as per the video and advice in my own time and I felt I learnt a lot more and I bought the training hand which I still use today, recently for my nail art, but I'm still taking courses and still learning. I think the more info u get from others, here and from the nail geek thru tutorials and with their expertise this is a brilliant site. I still have a lot to learn, but that's why I seek advice on this site.

Hope this helps

I have done both the acrylic and airbrush course with Essentials - they are excellent value for money. She goes through it all in great detail - there is plenty of material within the course - the only thing I found was that I needed to order some more of the nail trainer nails as I practised like mad. Saying that I am still using the nail trainer now, when I want to just play around - saves watching the telly!!!

A techie friend of mine did the airbrush course with Gina Wallace, and said how much she enjoyed it, as well as learning a great deal.

For general info, Gina Wallace usually demonstrates her airbrushing skills at ExCel and Olympia.

karen noodle said:
A techie friend of mine did the airbrush course with Gina Wallace, and said how much she enjoyed it, as well as learning a great deal.

For general info, Gina Wallace usually demonstrates her airbrushing skills at ExCel and Olympia.

Brilliant - must make sure to have a look at that - the airbrush course was excellent

I too did a Home Lear course by Gina Wallace. I just loved it. I didn't have enough time to go to class nas i was able to do this course on my free time without any pressure. Their suport is great too and since i finished my course i haven't stoped learning thanks to this site!

Thanks everyone youve been a huge help. I think im going to get one of the courses to start. :cool:

hi

i have done the sculptured acrylic and fibreglass courses. i think they are great aswell although i have also done a few classes aswell which are really great to get feedback.

nik said:
hi

i have done the sculptured acrylic and fibreglass courses. i think they are great aswell although i have also done a few classes aswell which are really great to get feedback.

i think i may look into getting the sculptured acrylic course at excel this weekend....i did it as part of my nail extenstions course at college but they only went over the bare minimum so i feel like i need much more practise :)

nik said:
hi

Hi Nik, I see that you live in Swindon. Do you know of any schools in swindon where i can continue my education? I have looked but every place I find is in London and thats not so easy to get to everyday.

hiya

i have pm'd you

LovelyisLacey said:
Hi Nik, I see that you live in Swindon. Do you know of any schools in swindon where i can continue my education? I have looked but every place I find is in London and thats not so easy to get to everyday.

I did the Airbrush course and it was absolutely brilliant. You get everything you need in the kit (even a toothbrush to clean the equipment). The telephone helpline is excellent too.

As with all home courses you have to discipline yourself and set yourself targets so that you get round to doing it. I notice loads of these courses on Ebay and know its the type of thing you could put in the cupboard and never get round to.

I found that I needed a television and video on the table with me and a remote control to stop/start and rewind the tape. The fact that you can re-do and re-do and re-do everything until you are absolutely satisfied is great.

I liked being able to work at my own pace and not having to send my work in for marking until I was happy.

I would totally recommend the airbrush course and I am thinking about doing the gel course this year.

I'm not boasting, OK I am boasting. I got 97% on the airbrush course - top student world wide for December 2003 apparently. I received a personal phone call from Gina Wallace (which absolutely made my year) and a special certificate. Shame I can no longer buy hats big enough to fit me though. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back