Appointment giveaway

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm after some advice please, I'm trying to build my day time clientele up and now my daughter is going to school I have a Wednesday day free. So to celebrate my new opening hours AND the opening of my home treatment room I've offered 6 Wednesday day time appointments for free......(limited to specific treatments, brows, lash tint, back neck and shoulder)....I've put a post up on my socials, asked people to share, put something on the local FB group's and market place and......NOTHING!

What on earth?! Does anyone have any tips on what I should do next?

Thanks

Free? At least make it an actual competition to share and a winner gets chosen for a free treatment.

Imagine you’re browsing FB and see a hairdresser advertising free hair cuts, do you immediately think:

1. That sounds a total bargain, I’ll ditch my current wonderful hairdresser and have a free cut.
2. They’re probably just out of training and/or maybe not very good, I won’t risk it.
3. Could be something very dodgy if it’s at some random persons house.

You don’t generally associate ‘luxury’ and ‘quality’ with the words ‘free’ and ‘cheap’. If you’re working from home, do a leaflet drop around your local area. Make the leaflet attractive and stress the benefits of your fabulous luxurious new set-up. Not having to drive and park. That you’re a fully qualified and experienced beauty therapist and also a local mum with children at X school (therefore, not some weirdo), etc.

Take a bunch of leaflets and ask if you can advertise at your local playgroup, library etc.

If you’re working from home, your initial client target market will be the ladies living on your doorstep, especially if you live in a large town or city.

First and foremost, advertise physically! Go to your local cafes and/or restaurants and invite the staff to your opening. Ask to leave any flyers or business cards that you may have. Having the support of locals is the first step! Consider leaving an ad in your local newspaper as well.

From my experience working with new salons, too many promotions, freebies, etc usually backfire.
As for social media - don't stop with shared posts! Invest some money ($25 tops) on Facebook and Instagram ads, promoting your grand opening, with either a video or image!

Latest posts

Back