Are self employed staff covered by my insurance? and partition ideas?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonnib

Reaction score
hello again:):)

almost there to my opening day...

i have a girl who wants to rent my beauty room.. is she covered by my insurance?
or does she have to get her own?

p.s also does anyone know ways to partition a room without building a wall?

hello again:):)

almost there to my opening day...

i have a girl who wants to rent my beauty room.. is she covered by my insurance?
or does she have to get her own? when i rented a room in a salon, it was my responsibility to get insurance - NOT the salon owners.

p.s also does anyone know ways to partition a room without building a wall? could you not use curtains like those in the hospital wards - but attach the curtain rail to the ceiling.

sorry i cant be any more help

i was thinking she wuld have to get her own...so you had to get your own also so sounds about right to me...

i never thought of a curtain option il have a look on good old google:)

All my girls that are self-employed are on my insurance but they have to have their own insurance too.
Hospital screens are good but you can get all sorts of room dividers now. Or you could have a curtain rail attached to the ceiling if you know what i mean!
I have a curtain round my hydrotherapy bed and there is a pic in my profile to give you an idea.

hi angelina is that public liabilty insurance?

I have public, products and treatment liability as do the girls on their policies.
We are all with Salon Gold and they are very competitively priced and always very helpful.

ok thanks il let her know and my nail tech as i assume she would also..

I have always had my own insurance when renting space or a room.

There are some great room dividers on ebay.

Good luck!:)

or does she have to get her own?
It really depends on the policy you have taken out. Generally, self employed therapists get their own insurance. If you would like details on the Guild's £2 million Public, Product and Treatment liability cover, call us on 0845 2177 383.

I wonder also if making them have their own insurance will also help to prove that they are independant & self-employed should anything ever arise tax wise.

I wonder also if making them have their own insurance will also help to prove that they are independant & self-employed should anything ever arise tax wise.

yes thats what im thinking i dont wont to cross the boundary between employed and self employed...

but i think its best if they have their own just in case :irked:

You could have partition walls built of wood, about 6'6" high, ie not upto the ceiling. This is what I have at my salon.
They are made of melanine I think it's called - kind of woodchip panels finished with a wipeable surface, mine are white - and you buy them in panels and cut them to size. Mine are fixed to the floor and brick walls with hardwood frames around the edges (. . hope that makes sense?? )

sounds like what im after.. :) how much did it cost if you remember.. ?

I'm sorry I have no idea, it was more than 10 years ago that I had my salon fitted out. But it was cheaper than one or two other options which shopfitters suggested, as the wood could be purchased from a DIY shop. I had the work carried out by normal bog-standard builders/chippies too and not shop fitters.
It works really well in my salon, the only disadvantage I can think of is if you need absolute quiet for a treatment, maybe massage or holistic therapies, as obviously with open plan you can hear quiet conversation from the next cubicle! so you need to take this into account.

Latest posts

Back