Arm waxing disaster-help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rasha

Reaction score
Greeting gorgeous therapists.

I need your advice.

I recently opened a salon and I have noticed that on a couple of clients when I wax their arms on the inside an extra layer of the skin comes out and then it seems as if its a friction burn.

I always through out check the wax temperature, i support the skin and always make sure the skin is tight.

I use tea tree just wax brand. As for the waxing paper I was using a paper material wax strips and they were great. When I ran out i ordered some more thinking they will be the same but they weren't.

Please let me know what I can do. I have been thinking to switching to Lycon Lycojet for the inside of the arms but it will be costly for me.

Also any recommendation for waxing strips and wax.

Thanks xxx

Greeting gorgeous therapists.

I need your advice.

I recently opened a salon and I have noticed that on a couple of clients when I wax their arms on the inside an extra layer of the skin comes out and then it seems as if its a friction burn.

I always through out check the wax temperature, i support the skin and always make sure the skin is tight.

I use tea tree just wax brand. As for the waxing paper I was using a paper material wax strips and they were great. When I ran out i ordered some more thinking they will be the same but they weren't.

Please let me know what I can do. I have been thinking to switching to Lycon Lycojet for the inside of the arms but it will be costly for me.

Also any recommendation for waxing strips and wax.

Thanks xxx
Hi there!

I am new to waxing but remember coming across a previous thread where a clients inner arm had 'bruised' so I will post the links might be worth a read, I'm sure there were some answers about changing the position of how the client is sitting so as to the skin is tighter - hope this helps X

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/bruised-my-client-advice-please.295821/

http://www.salongeek.com/threads/please-help-waxing-behind-knees-on-inner-arms.102344/

Are you using a pre-wax oil? A light oil will create a barrier between the wax & the skin

Best way to wax inner arms is to get client to fold her arm up and across her back almost like she is trying to scratch her back backwards. This ensures skin is stretched and the trick is to be quick and don't stop half way if you do then it will bruise . Happened to the best of us. Not every client has the same skins so each is different but I find using a creamy wax a lot nicer on those more delicate areas then clear waxes.

Latest posts

Back