Army Cadet Force Training Funding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinity

Brush Slayer Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi Geeks if you have a moment spare please could you sign the petition below for reinstatement of the funding for ACF training days pay. It was stopped at the same time as TA paid training days were suspended. The government have backtracked on the TA pay but the Adult Instructors who take the Cadets haven't had theirs reinstated

The ACF do a good job (I believe) in giving kids something to do, respect for themselves, skills, adventure and the sense of belonging that can be missing these days. The adults who take them away wont get paid anymore, and whilst it would be lovely if the adult instructors did it for the love of it, it's just doesn't happen, at least if they get paid they tend to go.

:thanks:

Petition to: Restore funding to the Army Cadet Force. | Number10.gov.uk

Husband is the Training Safety Advisor for 2 of our local cadet forces so it's an issue close to our hearts :cry:

i owe the cadets my sanity...... they have done wonders with my boys.
the highlight of my eldest's year is remembrance sunday. I have rang up before now and asked the staff sargent to grip my lad who had wagged school and he put him back on the straight and narrow. The skills they teach these kids is amazing.

My lads can cook, iron, polish boots to high shine. Shoot, live it rough catching fish and the like to eat and gut and cook them. My eldest is signing up full time this time next year and he owes that to the cadets so it is a good thing.
My proudest moments are watching my lads march through bolton with there regiment. and everyone stopping and saluting them.

i am an ex cadet i loved it,and the adults who gave up tues and thurs day nights plus weekends were fantastic:) petition signed i have also added it to my facebook homepage as a lot of my friends are ex squadies who also started in the cadets

Last edited:
Thanks guys :hug:

It's lovely to hear great stories about cadets turning things around thanks to the skills and respect for themselves and others they learn. Sometimes the Adult Instructors feel it's all taken for granted so it's nice to get this support

I have signed !! Thanks for the link.
I may not have been a cadet, but I can bool a pair of boots to a shine that would impress any squaddie!!! lol!!

Have sent the link to the cadets who are on my facebook as well and asked them to share the love......

I will send this to my sister, we are both ex cadets and my sister is now a cadet instructor so she'll post this to all the instructors she know. Thanks for highlighting this.:hug:

Latest posts

Back