Assessor a1 award, can I do my own courses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyBB

Reaction score
i own a salon(5 yrs) & would like to open an academy to offer bespoke advanced courses to students just out of college or refresher classes I have A1 assessor award but achieved it 6 years ago then went away to work for Steiner. What do I need to do?do I need to update anything or just hi ahead as planned? Also can I make my own courses up and offer a salon branded diploma? Any advice greatly appreciated

i own a salon(5 yrs) & would like to open an academy to offer bespoke advanced courses to students just out of college or refresher classes I have A1 assessor award but achieved it 6 years ago then went away to work for Steiner. What do I need to do?do I need to update anything or just hi ahead as planned? Also can I make my own courses up and offer a salon branded diploma? Any advice greatly appreciated
Hi to make your own courses you will have to write up training manuals & have them accredited then you can certificate. You can upskill your A1 but if your going to teach nvq you will have to buy in an IQA, you can become an IQA but you can't be both in the same day , hope this helps x

Sounds like a great idea! probably to get insurance etc the would need to accredited.

Latest posts

Back