attention experienced geeks !

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayneym

Reaction score
Calling on you guys who really know your stuff to give a bit of help & advice.
Had a regular client in for a refill - where her overlay had grown out ( after almost 3 weeks ) she had a problem on her thumb.
She said it'd bled that morning but it didnt hurt at all.
When I had a closer look it didnt look like a fungal infection .
I looks as if the nail plate has split vertically through the lunular and it was dark red ( like dried blood ). My Mum has psoriasis on most of her toe nails but it didnt look like this to me .Also this lady has severe eczema but has no problems with any of her other nails.
I asked her to see her GP because I wasnt sure what it was and was hoping to get some ideas before she comes back.
PLEASE HELP ~ANYONE !!
lol jayneym xxx

I can't think what that can be apart from ezcema or some other infection. It won't be psoriasis as you cannot have both, thank god! ( I have psoriasis and that is bad enough on it's own!):(

I think you did the right thing by advising her to go to her doctor because he/she will know what it is. Please let me know when you do.

I agree with Lulu,

Best to get it checked by doctor. It may be , if she has got a problem with her skin then it will effect her nails too. I'd be a bit weary of applying any products to it until you know exactly what it is. Its hard to tell with out seeing a picture of it.

HTH

jayneym said:
she had a problem on her thumb.
She said it'd bled that morning but it didnt hurt at all.
When I had a closer look it didnt look like a fungal infection .
I looks as if the nail plate has split vertically through the lunular and it was dark red ( like dried blood ). Also this lady has severe eczema but has no problems with any of her other nails.
I asked her to see her GP because I wasnt sure what it was and was hoping to get some ideas before she comes back.

You have done the right thing by referring her to a GP. Always better to be safe than sorry.

It sounds like severe trauma. If there is redness (blood) under the nail and it has bled then I would beleive this is more than likely from some form of trauma or damage to the nail... However you mention she has severe eczema. It is possible that this is causing the damage to the nail... Again a GP opinion would be the safest bet. HTH

Latest posts

Back