awful day :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abinails

Reaction score
hi everyone, just really needed to tell you about the worst day ever. sorry if its boring!:sad:
six weeks ago i told the lady who ive been renting a table from doing nails on a self employed basis for 2yrs now that i was leaving. we have no contract and i own all my own stuff in the tanning salon. i gave her 5 weeks notice, told her where i was going and helped her to find someone new. her and her husband went mad at me anyway and we fell out but i stayed for the 5 weeks cos i thought it was the right thing!
since iv left, iv found out that she has been rubbing appointments out of my book. and today i found all of my weekly sums and figures for 6 months torn out of my apt book! i confronted her and she admitted that she had photocopied all of my book including the clients numbers and taken my figures, i told her that it was my property and these are my clients and she is in violation of data protection act. she said she could sue me for loss of earnings which is not true!:cry:
so i left and went back to work, her husband then rang me from a private number saying he was going to kill me and now he wont stop ringing!!! what am i going to do???!!!

abinails xxx

Oh dear - I don't envy your situation and think that you are better out of that place. They had no right interfering with your property. If you had no contract between you, neither they nor you have any claim on each other. If clients want to go with you, they cannot stop them. Do you still have the client record cards? If so, you can do a mail shoot to them all. You seem to have acted professionally and worked your notice period, etc. Sad that it doesn't seem to have been appreciated.

It is a warning sign to us all that we should have contracts for the benefit of both the salon owners and the technicians renting space.

Give these people a wide berth and move on. They sound real bad news. Good luck!:hug:

omg!!!!!!!!! poor you, i agree with everything that has just been said, but i would also contact the police as he has threatened you and wont stop ringing, they should take it seriously as is a serious threat hes made to you. dont hesitate hun if youre atall frightened,
again you have acted responsibly and professionaly too
lots of hugs to ya

thanks for the reply, i did let all my clients know what was happening and most of them have followed me. i do have all my record cards too! i just feel so stupid for staying for 5 weeks whilst she sabbotaged my business! abi xx

Have pm'd you

Cathy

Thats outrageous!!! I feel so bad for you. I think you did the right by working your notice and keeping yoyr head. Easier said than done I know but please try not to let thse people upset you. All the best.xxx

they are surely way out of order treating you like that, and to make threats to kill you is going one step too far hunny. BT take calls like that very seriously and they then report them to the police, if you go to the police too perhaps they can get this lunatic stopped.
sending hugs your way, keep your chin up :hug: xx

You should definitely call the police. they have stolen your property (the data is your property) and threatened to kill you. don't hesitate to call the cops. They are expecting you to take this lying down, show them you won't, it'll be bad for business for the cops to show up at their door.

I totally agree, you should go to the police, what a weirdo, threatening to kill you...that is way too far. Hopefully he will get a stern warning at the very least and will leave you alone. You can't be expected to put up with that, they both sound very nasty people, and like you are far better away from them. Do give the police a call though and get some advice on your next move.

OMG Abi, poor you. First of all, have some of these :hug: :hug: :hug:

I agree with everyone else here ... don't let that evil witch and her husband, nightmare Freddie, frighten you with their nasty threats ... any more, and a simple call to the police and BT should sort them out.

thanks for all the support! theyve jus rang another 16 times and i answered it in the end and he said if i hung up he would come and 'get' me in the morning! then he thratened to beat up my fiance... so i hung up anyway:Scared: :Scared:

abinails said:
thanks for all the support! theyve jus rang another 16 times and i answered it in the end and he said if i hung up he would come and 'get' me in the morning! then he thratened to beat up my fiance... so i hung up anyway:Scared: :Scared:

Oh my God, I cant believe it, Like every one has said CALL THE POLICE,they are way out of line, dont let them get away with this, they are obviously extremely immature, you are sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than them..... Chin up x

Lissie X x x x x :hug:

sweetheart, you NEED to get on the phone to your local police station or better still go up there in person and make a complaint about him, his behaviour is totally out of order and he needs stopping.

go to the cop shop with your phone and wait for another phone call. get a female officer to answer it and pretend its you. they'll get the shock of their lives.

Sandi is right you need to make a complaint. This is a threat! You done the right thing hun with staying on your five weeks. At least most of your clients have came with you anyway. If any have stayed witht them they will soon realise what nutters they are. I feel for you.xxx

Hi there abinails.

Can you get a cheap lil phone for the moment & contact your clients that way letting them know the new one.
Leaving your other number redundent but able to show the amount of times he's called you.

You had no agreement!
So they have in fact STOLEN from YOU! No more no less.
Happenes alot sadly...
Threatening you & intimidating you isnt acceptable either.

Its amazing at times the liberty's people take believing the whole time that they are in the right.Usually at someone else's expense.

You obviously stung them by decieding to move on.... their loss.
If the harrassment hasn't stopped within 24 hrs go to the police & get legal council.

Throught out the course of business at times these situations arise & can be sorted quickly.Find a solicitor in your area.Go & see them & have a letter drawn up to send to these 2 clowns.A legal letter 9 times out of 10 shuts them up ,the dust settling not long after.

XX J XX

hi, you need to do something - they're obviously nuts! what were they like when you worked with them?

Contact the Police and advise them of the situation, also suggest you contact "Free legal centre" if any where you are as you will need some sort of legal advice on possibly trying to prevent them from contacting you in anyway. Also try and have friends/family around you as this can be a very scary thing.

Let us know how things are going as this can be a worring time for you.....chin up hun!!!:lol:

Hi Hun, Call the police ASAP. Had asimilar situation happen to me years ago when my daughter was 12. I had to leave her for a couple of hours a day to go to work. Landlord kept giving my key to repair men some times several at a time. I asked landlords wife as a mother could she understand I was worried about a young daughter and strange men letting themselves in my home when I was not there. She threatened me with the fact her brother had been imprisoned for assault and that they would have no hesitation in shooting my daughter if I tried to stop them renovating. I went straight to the police. They were great. Problem was solved and I moved out immediatley. You definately need help as I did. Please phone police NOW!

Latest posts

Back