bagged one in tesco express!!!!!!!weeeeeee

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joolz

Reaction score
hi all just bagged a client in tesco express finished work late and stilll in uniform .she has had l&p this aft. they werent blended down properly and she had some lifting(didnt know this could happen so soon)she is coming to me tomorrow my idea is to thin the existing l&p (like a rebalance) re prep the area then apply fresh l&p and finish am i right?? any help is greatly appreciated
thanks xx

Well done, you!!!

I think that would probably be the best thing to do, although other, more experienced geeks may be able to help more :)

Lx

well done you, :)

if they are lifting already this suggests that they werent prepped properly in the first place so you might be better soaking off and starting from scratch the proper way!!!

just a though.
xx

Katelisa said:
if they are lifting already this suggests that they werent prepped properly in the first place so you might be better soaking off and starting from scratch the proper way!!!

just a though.
xx
thanks for that but shes on a bit of a time limit as she's off on hols so i thought the best thig was to thin the l&p right down ,hope i'll be ok this is my 10th week in business and am building up a little now so i want to get a really good rep if i can

One other thing about lifting straight away she she may not be able to wear L&P, I have done a client who always has trouble with L&P but I gave it a go and my prep was spot on but they still lifted.

Hope all goes well and well done.

Caz xxx

Well done you - hope it all goes well. Would have been really good if could have started afresh. Better still, I am sure you'll do a good job on the rebalance!

caz3 said:
One other thing about lifting straight away she she may not be able to wear L&P, I have done a client who always has trouble with L&P but I gave it a go and my prep was spot on but they still lifted.

Caz xxx
thing is though they just didnt look right besides the lifting they werent finished properly and were lumpy and bowed out(if that makes any sense)so i think that they were probably rushed , thanks so much and we will see how it goes tomorrow your replies are fab and i was havin a really bad day not 48 hours ago (just shows ya how things can turn around)

caz3 said:

Caz xxx

Not being able to wear L/P is such a RARE occurrence that I doubt seriously if this is her problem.

By the sound of these nails, the tech is not good and therefore her prep was probably worse!

If this is the case and you rebalance and reseal the nails, she may suffer from pocket lifting and her nails could well develop 'greenies' (a bacterial infection) while she is away having fun in the sun.

If you are going to patch her up, then I would warn her about this so she doesn't blame you ... in fact I would insist she signs a form to say that

"she understands that due to another technicians work being the foundation of these nail enhancements, you will take no responsibility for any problems she may have with them". Very important.

geeg said:
If you are going to patch her up, then I would warn her about this so she doesn't blame you ... in fact I would insist she signs a form to say that

"she understands that due to another technicians work being the foundation of these nail enhancements, you will take no responsibility for any problems she may have with them". Very important.

That's a great idea. Shame she won't have a soak off though. To be honest, if she's having problems like this & she's not happy with them, she should go back to her original tech & complain. Perhaps she could get her money back.

I think if she's only after a patch up then thinning & re-prepping would do the job temporarily but they are unlikely to last & wouldn't look as good as a new set. Plus, rebalancing is a lot of work, it might be easier to remove them & start again. You may even find that once you start filing you won't know when to stop if the lifting is really bad! And as Geeg said, there is a risk of pocket lifting & infection. I'd put it all to her & see if you can convince her to change her mind about the soak.

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back