Barrier cream?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel-a

Reaction score
How much barrier cream do you all use on hands? Top of hands I mean. I always use it on the palms to avoid tanned palms.

I rub the same amount on the top of the hands as on the palms, as if you were putting hand cream on and want all areas covered. Ensures an even coverage of tan solution over knuckles/any creases/fine lines etc and between the tops of the fingers

Thanks tanforeverbrown, that's what I've been using. Just wondered if I was using too much. Never had any orange hands thankfully but wondered if I was using too much.

At first I was so paranoid of putting too little on that I piled it on so there were thick white blobs all over people's hands and then I realised this was the worst thing I could do because if the barrier cream isn't even, then neither will the tan be, so then I realised it just needs an 'all over coating' but so that it rubs in properly and is absorbed. No white blobs!!

You can also use Barrier Cream on dry knees, elbows, heels as this will just ensure that the tan is not sucked into the skin leaving a darker patch of tan.

With experience you never need barrier cream on the palm of hands. I only put barrier cream on the knuckles and elbows.

Thanks, yeah I always use it on dry areas. Just wondered how much you all put on. It's more peace of mind that I put it on palms, found that palms can easily get caught by overspray

If your gun is set low and you stop BEFORE the wrist then no overspray can get the palms... I have found that if you apply barrier to the palms when you wipe it of your left with a harsh line on the wrist... You do know not to spray the wrists? What solution do you use? Because when I used whitetobrown, crazy angel, fakebake and tan truth I found they all were quite strong and stuck on really dry areas even with barrier cream... And with these solutions were really hard to correct mistakes.

I don’t use barrier cream but always ask clients to moisturise any dry areas and also hands and feet.
This prevents any lines from barrier cream and overspray on feet

Thanks, yeah gun is set low and I know to stop at wrists. I don't get any harsh lines. I use Nouvatan and La Tan and the odd Skinny Tan. The palms are fine, just wondered about tops of hand that's all. I only use 50ml per tan. Thanks

Thanks, yeah I always use it on dry areas. Just wondered how much you all put on. It's more peace of mind that I put it on palms, found that palms can easily get caught by overspray
Hi I've designed a product to help with overspray so fingers crossed I'm hoping to get this on the market soon x

Latest posts

Back