BBC Website

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Glynis*

Gooner Geek
Reaction score
Another post refers to the a Radio 1 programme where they gave a man "false nails". I had a look at the site. Anyone else notice this under "Natural Manicure for Natural Nails"?

Written by Naomi Adlington, Acacia Beauty Rooms, Great Baddow:

Gels, acrylics, silk wraps, extensions, whatever you want to call them, British women seem to want false nails. But as our expert explains, they are ruining the health of your nails underneath.

Over the last couple of years British women seem to have developed an obsessive fascination with false nails; in response, American style nail bars are cropping up all over the place and women of all ages and walks of life are wandering around with long talon like nails.

They are obviously a present fashion accessory that I hope (but doubt) will soon disappear and in the meantime I just have to nurse back to good health the poor neglected natural nails that have been suffering underneath;

What the ****?? Has this person ever done any training?

Here we go again!! :rolleyes: Oh! and sack the "experts"!!!!!!!!!!!! Experts my left tit .... I wish these people would consult nail technicians before puting this on a website. Can we complain about this Glynis????

I CAN FEEL MY BLOOD BOILING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are the bloody experts!? Can't some one do something about these people?
Is there nothing that can be done?:mad:

glynis said:
Written by Naomi Adlington, Acacia Beauty Rooms, Great Baddow:

Erm, am I missing something? This writer is a Beauty tech I'm assuming?

1) Get yourself educated and a PROPER, TRAINED nail tech.

2) Do you want to do yourself out of business? Might as well hang a sign outside the door saying 'our treatments will ruin your nails'. Well, yours might - mine don't so speak for yourself!

9 times out of ten the damage on natural nails from enhancement is from clients not looking after them properly, using them as tools and biting them off!!!

Poo to the BBC I say!!!!!!!

Tilly xx

Just seen the link and gone on to her website!!! Ok, answer one question for me ............ then why is the stupid woman offering nail enhancements as a treatment on her menu at £35.00!!!!!!!!!!!

No no ..... I'll ask her myself!!!

I let you guys know IF I get a reply!!

Rose143 said:
Just seen the link and gone on to her website!!! Ok, answer one question for me ............ then why is the stupid woman offering nail enhancements as a treatment on her menu at £35.00!!!!!!!!!!!

No no ..... I'll ask her myself!!!

I let you guys know IF I get a reply!!
You go girl :cool:

I to have sent a response to this article - doubt they will respond but we will see eh :rolleyes:

No Wonder clients get confused!

wiht miss leading information like this, i ask you do these people ever consult a professional, no i mean a professional nail tech?

Honestly!
xxxxxxxxxxx

Ps Awe look was that aerated , got me mucking words fuddled up!lol

christi said:
Ps Awe look was that aerated , got me mucking words fuddled up!lol

LOL!!!!!! Try saying that out loud or after a good few pints!!! Nice and easy to write down hey???? :wink2: :)

xxxx

I have also sent a comment. Perhaps if a few of us do it she and the BBC will get the message :rolleyes:

Wow, can you believe she is even offering Creative nail enhancements!!!!!!!!!:mad:

lol jac ... thats what i just read too :(

Right I sent my email, who's next:twisted:

jac extreme said:
Wow, can you believe she is even offering Creative nail enhancements!!!!!!!!!:mad:

My argument exactly, I told her to phone Creative and go on a course!!! :) In a more discreet way of course lol!!! :twisted:

I also just sent a response to that article, i cant belive she is putting a bad name to our industry while still offering them in her own place, how two faced is that!!!!!!!!!!!!
jac extreme said:
Right I sent my email, who's next:mad: QUOTE]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Nails are made up of lots of compact layers held together by fat but very little moisture.
[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I think what a professional nail stylist would say is - "The nail plate is layers of Keratin bonded together with Cystene!"[/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/font]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Probably never heard of Cystene.... where do they find these people??????????? :rolleyes:
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Well Samantha, I did suggest they speak to an expert, maybe you should bethe one!

I wonder what she says to her clients when they ask for nail enhancements?

"Well Mrs ***** as long as you don't mind your natural nail being totally knackered underneath I'll be glad to take your money!"

BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT SHE'S BASICALLY SAYING!!

Latest posts

Back