Beauty | Beauty & Wine Make a Perfect Partnership

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Listen I know what I like, and honestly, beauty and wine come pretty high up on that list. So, when I heard that the beauty industry was looking to the wine manufacturers to help them develop skincare products, my little ears pricked up.

Skincare brands are starting to realise that grapes contain serious antioxidant properties and they want to get their hands on these. The Financial Times recently reported that brands are increasingly including resveratrol, an antioxidant found in the skin of red grapes, in their products due to its anti-ageing properties. It is believed that tissue elasticity and firmness is improved due to resveratol.

Caudalie, who have big proponents of grape-based beauty products since 1995 via its chic boutiques and Vino-thérapie spas, have recently released Premier Cru La Crème Riche. At £92.50 for a 50ml pot, it's as expensive as a vintage Chateau Neuf du Pape, but apparently better for you containing resveratrol, viniferine and antioxidant rich grape-seed polyphenols.

LA-based brand Arcona has also released a wine hydrating mask for £25.20 made with grape seed extracts, while Greek brand Apivita sells a Wine Elixir Anti-Wrinkle & Firming Rich Face Cream for £39.85.

Speaking to the Financial Times, New York-based cosmetic dermatologist Dr. Paul Frank said, "“Resveratrol has proven to be extremely powerful and people like that it comes from wine. It’s a sexy story to them."

With celebs such as Madonna, Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson believing in the power of the grape, this looks like a trend set to continue. 100% Pure, a brand which sells resveratrol-based skincare products has seen its revenue increase 1000% in the last three years.

Suits me. I've been waiting for an excuse to combine the two great loves of my life.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 08.01.12.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-15 at 08.01.12.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts

Back