Beauty@ North Herts college?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angie32

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im a newbie here and this is my first post so bare with me:Scared:

I am considering starting an NVQ2 beauty therapy course ( for mature students) at North Herts college ( Hitchin) but have heard that its not all that great. Has anyone here had experience of beauty courses there? what did you think?
Is there anywhere else nearby that anyone would recomend?

thanks everyone:wink2:

What you may tend to find is that you will have good tutors and bad tutors.
A college can even vary year to year.

My daughter is at Herts regional college in ware which has always had a good reputation but i think generally in all colleges there has been a huge dumbing down of expectation and requirements to do with the actual course content and examination board.I think this goes for all nvqs and vtcts not only in the beauty industry.
In my understanding this means no one can ever really fail.

Go to an open evening try and find out what experience your tutors have some may only have a couple of years experience and gone straight into teaching.It may be they have lots of experience but are doing their teacher training.
Have a look in the classroom/salons are they clean and tidy with decent equipment.

Wherever you go when you have finished the course you will still only just be at the beginning of learning, thats the thing with beauty therapy you never stop. College just gives you the bit of paper and the foundations.

Latest posts

Back