Beauty salon handover period?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xkayla_herex

Xamyx
Reaction score
Can anyone give me any advice on a salon handover? When taking over a existing beauty salon how did you do the handover- did you go to the salon for a week/couple of weeks/month before your official takeover date so you can go through things with the owner and see how things are done?

Is there anything you can do to stop the original owner from taking some of her clients with her? I understand some clients who have used her for years will go with her but is there a contract or something I could put in place to stop her from trying to take loads of the clients?

I would be very grateful for any advice anyone has on taking over a beauty salon.

You should have your solicitor put a clause in the contract that gives a radius in which the owner can't work and states that the client database stays with you and she can't poach salon clients. You need a solicitor for this to ensure its enforceable. Handover must be agreed between you and the current owner - she may not agree to this until after you have exchanged contracts.

As PP says, get your solicitor to advise you. However, let's be realistic. You keep the client database when you take over the salon but you can't stop clients choosing to follow their former therapist.

In these days of google and social media, it's not very hard for a client to track down their old stylist/beautician if they know their name. It happens all the time. Clients who spend £££ in beauty salons have cars and won't think anything of travelling a bit further to visit their favourite therapist.

You need to focus your energy on making them want to stay with you.

Latest posts

Back