Beauty salon interview advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckiemariya

Reaction score
I'm so nervous as I have my first interview at a salon i really don't know what to expect as it's totally a change of career for me I'm currently working in a supermarket but really want this job to able me to get into a industry of which I want to be in.

I've done day courses with adels so it's not like I've been to college so feel this May hold me back 😥.

Any advice or tips would be helpful .

Xxx

When I have been to interviews I often get asked about what experience I've had, why I want to be in that industry, my availability and previous jobs. Also if I have a license and a car and if I got the position how I would get to work. Some places also ask if you have any planned holidays and if you are prepared to work extra hours during busy periods.

When I went to interviews for hairdressing positions after finishing at school with beauty I was always asked why beauty didn't work for me, which was never the case, just that I enjoy both!

I also get asked if theres any questions I would like to ask such as the hours which the position requires and about the pay.

I have also been asked personal questions about my recent life as the people interviewing said they want drama free people and have also been asked if I smoke and about my health and regular beauty routine.

It has differed everywhere that I have had interviews! :)

Good luck for your interview!

Latest posts

Back