Beauty salon manager wage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clareg

Reaction score
I am promoting a therapist to salon manager and I was wondering what people think is the right rate of pay for this position. I realise it varies area to area but if I can have an idea what you do
Kind Regards
Clare

What do you pay her currently just as a therapist?

When I worked for a higher end spa in uk they paid all therapists %of work done, plus basic . So the manager got a higher basic. As sometimes in busy times we still needed her to fill in to take clients herself so she got her commission aswell.
It is a bit tricky because if she worked as therapist she could make a lot more but if she didn't she would take home less then us! So it depends how you are structured and if her position would also include doing treatments or just manager

It's dependant on several factors, what is the wage in your area? the size of your business, what can you afford to pay him/her?

You could pay from £25k to £40K depending on all the extenuating factors, such do you have a small salon or 20 rooms!. Work out what you can afford to pay them and make sure that's also pretty close to what they're worth, you can work in a commission structure based on the annual or bi-annual performance of the rest of the team if you want to create a base salary with commission. A good salon manager is hard to find, care for them well. Don't make the mistake of simply giving him/her a small pay rise from their therapist salary that can be highly demotivational.

Latest posts

Back