Beauty therapist offering 10% commission only basis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

persiasalon

Reaction score
I am currently recruiting for a beauty and tanning salon that is due to open soon. In the advert I stated that it was a weekly rental. I have since been contacted by a lady who is offering 10% of her weekly earnings.

At this point I would like to say I have indeed read all of the previous threads regarding chair rental, however, most of the information is several years old.

10%, to me, seems like a ridiculously low amount. This lady says she is going to rely on walk-ins and advertising from myself. The typical commission split is 60/40 or 50/50, according to the threads I have read. Has the industry changed that much in the last few years or is this lady trying to take the mic?

There are recent threads that say 60/40, many under a year old.
10% is nothing.
Offer her the option to pay 30% for the first month to build clients and full rent thereafter if you want to be nice, but IMO I would decline her, seems a really cheeky person who has no idea whatsoever about rates of this industry xoxo

I am currently recruiting for a beauty and tanning salon that is due to open soon. In the advert I stated that it was a weekly rental. I have since been contacted by a lady who is offering 10% of her weekly earnings.

At this point I would like to say I have indeed read all of the previous threads regarding chair rental, however, most of the information is several years old.

10%, to me, seems like a ridiculously low amount. This lady says she is going to rely on walk-ins and advertising from myself. The typical commission split is 60/40 or 50/50, according to the threads I have read. Has the industry changed that much in the last few years or is this lady trying to take the mic?

Blinking chancer! No way

There are recent threads that say 60/40, many under a year old.
10% is nothing.
Offer her the option to pay 30% for the first month to build clients and full rent thereafter if you want to be nice, but IMO I would decline her, seems a really cheeky person who has no idea whatsoever about rates of this industry xoxo

Thanks for the advice. I have sent her an email offering her 30% for a month before the full weekly rental. She says she has 14 years in the industry - I don't know where she has been employed but, like you said, it's really very cheeky.

She may well have 14yrs but with 0 clients its meaningless

Stick to your guns!

Seriously every 1k she makes you'll get £100
I can see her with 0 clients and you 0%

Stick to your guns!

Thank you for the advice :) I'll let you know if she responds!

Stick to your guns!

Agreed.
There's no guarantee she will have clients follow her.
Are her 14 years qualified? I could say I have 22 years hair experience, well I've had hair for 22 years lol xoxo

Agreed.
There's no guarantee she will have clients follow her.
Are her 14 years qualified? I could say I have 22 years hair experience, well I've had hair for 22 years lol xoxo

Lol, well it doesn't say when she qualified but she's been self employed since 1998. Oh well, I haven't even properly started advertising the job yet, I just posted a quick ad on gumtree. Hopefully we'll find someone a little more realistic in terms of what kind of commission they expect!

Good luck, I've been advertising for a nail technician to rent a desk, believe me they've all come out of the woodwork!! I've been messed around a lot and I've been asked to do 10% oh and that would include the use of my card machine, another one said they would only give 30% but wanted me to supply the Shellac and vanishes, I'm now thinking I'm better of without!! I'm joking, Im sure I will find the perfect person but I'm going to have to kiss a lot of frogs. If it doesn't feel right with this lady don't go with her, you'll find someone. Xx

Good luck, I've been advertising for a nail technician to rent a desk, believe me they've all come out of the woodwork!! I've been messed around a lot and I've been asked to do 10% oh and that would include the use of my card machine, another one said they would only give 30% but wanted me to supply the Shellac and vanishes, I'm now thinking I'm better of without!! I'm joking, Im sure I will find the perfect person but I'm going to have to kiss a lot of frogs. If it doesn't feel right with this lady don't go with her, you'll find someone. Xx

Thanks! :) Where do you advertise the vacancies? I'm looking to go in the local newspaper but otherwise I have no idea. I think I'm offering a pretty good deal - everything is supplied and all bills included.

Latest posts

Back