Beauty Therapist Recruitment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Myarka

Reaction score
I've been advertising for a beauty therapist for over 2 months and I'm not getting suitable candidates.

Do other salon's have similar issues? and how do you solve it?

Have you tried advertising through an agency? Obviously depends what area of the country you are in but I can thoroughly recommend SAS (salon and spa) recruitment as they placed me in my current role (London) xx

Hi Myarka,

From what I read on here, this is a really difficult area - finding suitable candidates. I occasionally get a request for a position as a therapist from a newby, which I would definitely consider, but when I have explained we have no vancancies currently, but please send your CV, I hear nothing.

I'm lucky in that I gave birth to my no.1 member of staff, but we have recently expanded, and I may be in the same boat as you soon.

I would personally look at new recruits from my local college, and train them in my way of doing things. Age is not an issue - younger or older doesn't bother me, but if they are too experienced, I would worry that they would be too hard to train in my way!!!

Vicki x

Latest posts

Back