Becoming a Trainer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallpap

Reaction score
Just a thought at the moment but should I ever want to set up a training school to train Nails, spray tan etc what would I need to do for the "official side"
Do you need a professional qualification in training? I have my beauty certs but wondered what the next steps would be

Hiya,
I'm a qualified lecturer and assessor and have just helped a friend set up a training salon and taught some courses for her.
Her courses are accredited through ABT and they required a qualified lecturer/assessor to deliver the courses so that the trainees could get insurance afterwards.
The Guild also offer accreditation as well as BABTAC. Might be worth having a look on their websites for info and have a chat with your local college about doing a teaching and assessor qualification. You need to have them imo so that the trainees get the best experience.
If you want any other info just let me know as I've just gone through the whole process with my friend and her salon.
Kate :)

Latest posts

Back