Beginner needing advice!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meg88

Reaction score
Hi!
im a complete newbie in the beauty industry but would love to get a qualification in makeup.
im from south wales and have searched everywhere but there doesnt seem to be any courses offering what i need so ive looked into doing an online course with someone like ICS or the uk open college.
They say that once i complete the course id have an NCFE level 3 beauty make-up professional award and a beauty make-up professional diploma...is this any good?? would it be a recognised qualification?

any help would be amazing!thanks!

xx

Hiya, just wanted to say that I'm also new to all this and eventually made a decision to start on an ICS BTEC Make-Up Artist course. I've since read some bad reviews but I'm not letting that put me off for now. I have to register with Edexcel to obtain a qualification, which is Level 2. I live in South Wales too, and had trouble finding a course nearby that covered everything I wanted to explore. ICS gives me the opportunity to learn in my own time, with a year's tutor support which is via internet/phone/post. Great with 2 kids under 2! Ok, so not ideal for such a hands on profession as beauty therapy, but it's a sound start and a building block to bigger and better things. By no means do I expect to be a fully competent make-up artist after just a 1 year course, but it's a good start and hopefully will inspire my thirst for learning!

I've only just received all my course materials, but I'll report back and let you know how I'm getting on if you like! Good luck in finding something that's right for you :)

Latest posts

Back