Beginner's question- please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsFabNails

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to this, therefore apologies if this kind of post has already appeared here before.

I have recently been qualified as Nail Technician and I'm sooooo excited about this as I was always interested in this kind of job.

As I'm a newbie, I need firstly practice on somebody to get into speed etc. In first week I managed to get a few ladies, but now nobody wants to come and pay (even though I ask for 10 pounds only) anymore. The other thing is that I'm still very slow, so when I warn a potential client of it, they decline.

My question now is, is it worth offering free treatments until I'm ready to charge full price?
I have to mention that so far I had a free help to look after my baby, but from Monday I will have to pay for childminder.

Please can someone give me advice? I'm getting upset over this and starting to think that it was a bad choice of career path.

Thank you so much in advance.

Make a fake hand/finger for practice - it takes time but you will get there xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't offer free treatments! You are still usin your products & taking time out to do it so you should still charge a small amount for this & atleast cover the cost of products used x

Back