Being mobile, so much competition around and getting nowhere?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPB

Reaction score
I am at wits end, i know we have quiet months etc, but i don't seem to get clients for weeks!!

Its killing me now :( I've posted flyers, they don't work, i've spent loads on flyers and been around different locations having help posting them.
I advertise on fb daily, and offer discounts :( which i shouldn't do, but only do it for so long.

I probably get one client every two weeks, i have some regular's but they take a while to rebook.

I've advertised on yell, and other search engines.
:mad:

I'm sure you have but just rattling my brain for you. Have you done gumtree? Or tried the paid for adverts on facebook? I haven't done this myself yet but if it has an offer on it you may get some newbies from it xx

I'm sure you have but just rattling my brain for you. Have you done gumtree? Or tried the paid for adverts on facebook? I haven't done this myself yet but if it has an offer on it you may get some newbies from it xx

I'm always on gumtree.. I am thinking about sponsoring my page :/ payday tomorrow so will set it up.
I don't seem to be getting anywhere with it. I would like to work in a salon, but i was trained privately and not through college, so they don't tend to look at us.

Go to local infants and junior schools when the Mums are picking kids up. Talk to some of the Mums explain what you do and hand out some flyers. Do some kind of offer. 1 treatment and second half price perhaps. :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

Go to local infants and junior schools when the Mums are picking kids up. Talk to some of the Mums explain what you do and hand out some flyers. Do some kind of offer. 1 treatment and second half price perhaps. :)

Sent from my GT-I9305 using SalonGeek mobile app

I should do. I did pass a school once and gave a few flyers to the parents. I will have to try on my days off from work and go around the schools. Thank you..

I've been mobile for a year now and still struggle like mad. I seem to have a busy week or two then nothing for a few weeks. I have a few regular clients but they aren't anywhere near enough to keep me going and pay bills etc.
I have recently contemplated giving up as a lot of people seem to go to those "cheap" salons! You'd think people would want a quality treatment but no its all about the price!
I am the same I put offers on that are ridiculously cheap and everyone jumps at them but as soon as they end they stop. My work is of a high standard so I'm not worried about the quality of my work.
I advertise on fb and even set up a website with a 30day free trial but so far nothing has changed (advertise elsewhere as well)
Don't know what to do. I would work in a salon as long as I was self employed. I have worked in a couple of salons and ended up getting mega depressed because the people I worked for were terrible to me and made me almost hate what I do. I love being my own boss but am sick with worry every month cause I'm scared I won't be able to pay my bills etc.
:(:confused:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been mobile for a year now and still struggle like mad. I seem to have a busy week or two then nothing for a few weeks. I have a few regular clients but they aren't anywhere near enough to keep me going and pay bills etc.
I have recently contemplated giving up as a lot of people seem to go to those "cheap" salons! You'd think people would want a quality treatment but no its all about the price!
I am the same I put offers on that are ridiculously cheap and everyone jumps at them but as soon as they end they stop. My work is of a high standard so I'm not worried about the quality of my work.
I advertise on fb and even set up a website with a 30day free trial but so far nothing has changed (advertise elsewhere as well)
Don't know what to do. I would work in a salon as long as I was self employed. I have worked in a couple of salons and ended up getting mega depressed because the people I worked for were terrible to me and made me almost hate what I do. I love being my own boss but am sick with worry every month cause I'm scared I won't be able to pay my bills etc.
:(:confused:

I feel the same way. It would be a year for me in june. It is so difficult, i even see some girls who've had treatments by myself go else where because it's cheaper :(

Its gutting. I've seen that as well.
I'm just introducing a loyalty scheme to see if that can bring me repeat custom bit also reward my loyal clients. Its a year next month for me if things haven't improved by the end of April I have to have a massive rethink. It actually breaks my heart a bit saying that because I'm so passionate about my work but without loyal clients there is only so much I can do. :(

Latest posts

Back