Being recognized for Outstanding Quality as a Nail Professional

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
Samantha Sweet is PHAB!

Sweet Squared LLP is proud to announce that Samantha Sweet is the latest addition to the Non-Executive Board of Directors at PHAB; pronounced ‘fab’ it stands for Performance in Hair and Beauty. PHAB offers nail professionals a real first, the chance to be recognised for outstanding quality in the same way that Michelin stars recognise excellence in the restaurant world.

Samantha will act as representative for the nail industry and will guide the board on how nail professionals should be assessed in order to achieve a PHAB standard. Samantha said: ‘As always, I am honoured to help with anything that gives our industry credibility and that also gives our wonderful true nail professionals the chance to showcase their skills. We have come a long way since the 80’s yet there is always more we can strive for and do! The PHAB standard will allow nail professionals, salons and spas, the opportunity to showcase and be rewarded for their dedication, hard work and creativity.’

Nail professionals applying for the standard are assessed on their ability to demonstrate high levels of repeat business and retails sales based on customer problem solving as well as client testimonials. Successful applicants will receive a Bronze, Silver or a much coveted Gold standard depending on their level of excellence. They will then be assessed on an annual basis to ensure standards are maintained.

PHAB’s founder and Chief Executive, Nergish Wadia-Austin created the standard to guide prospective clients when choosing a new nail salon or nail professional. Nergish commented on Samantha’s appointment: ‘We invited Samantha to comment on what we were trying to achieve at PHAB and she responded with a huge list of questions. This attention to detail showed me just how much she loves the nail industry and I knew then that she was the person we wanted.”

About PHAB
PHAB is the brainchild of industry expert Nergish Wadia-Austin, who has over 30 years industry experience and has worked for big name brands such as Vidal Sassoon. Nergish realised that something was missing, an industry standard that stood for excellent practice in nails, hairdressing and beauty therapy. After much time spent researching and developing, PHAB was born.

For more information about PHAB visit their website PHAB: Performance in Hair and Beauty

I always knew Samantha was FAB! :hug:

Great News! Congratz Sam!!!!

Phab-ulous! A well deserved spot, cant think of a better person.... xxxx

@ my American friends -- you know there is no licensing in the UK so this may be the first thing to give those that deserve it, something real to recognize their ability and standards. I hope all those good technicians out there will go for it and submit their information and get those stars. x

Congratulations Samantha... you really are phab!! :hug:

Samantha, you're a star ! :hug: x

Brilliant news!

Great news Samantha! Well done & huge congratulations! xxx:hug:

Great news Samantha! Well done & huge congratulations! xxx:hug:

Christine, get your application in now .. you are one of the first ones I thought of that should go GOLD right away

:hug: Nice one Samantha:hug: good for you

Congratulations Samantha that's FAB news xxx

Superb, well done and big congratulations :lol:

so how /where do we apply??
x

FANTASTIC!!
Congratulations and giant hugs :hug:
Would LOVE to see this eventually include Canada :green:

Congratulations! Sounds like it is deserved xxxxxxx

Congratulations Samantha! :hug:

Unfortunately I've only been qualified in the nail industry for a 10 months so can't apply to be PHAB just yet...

...but i am going to work my butt off and get to PHAB standards!

What a brilliant way to encourage professional excellence.

xx

http://www.phabstandard.comThank you to Samantha Sweet and Kate for taking the time to let beauty and nail salon owners know about the Industry Standard PHAB. Set up to support salon owners so that they can use the PHAB standard as a motivational tool for their staff to do better in the areas that are key to the success of any business. PHAB measures vital performance indicators such as, repeat business, customer recommendations and home care sales, in addition to customer testimonials. These are key tell tale signs in any column when measuring success of a salon professional.
Also the FREE perfromance tool to measure your team's performance against an independent standard is a great help to many of you and thanks for all the wonderful messages of gratitude. PHAB is designed by the industry, for the industry!
Enjoy.
The team at PHAB:idea:

I have only just seen this post (thanks Mama:hug:) and thank you all for the lovely comments. I am sincerely hoping our side of the beauty industry will have it's bar raised here and that any of you out there who feel you are of a PHAB standard in your work, salon etc... will put yourselves forward.:hug:

Latest posts

Back