Being slagged off by ex-staff

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smuff

Reaction score
Ok here we go. I had a member if staff leave and since then she and all her family have been slagging off myself and the salon. She has stolen clients and told them that I was bitching about them. She and her family are now writing bitchy comments on my hair and nails page on FB. I have not yet retaliated because it's not my style and at the min she and her family are the ones slinging mud, I have taken screen shots of all the comments and if it gets worse then I think I might have to involve the police. Any advice anyone. Xx

Not nice but we have all been there.

Remember if it gets too much you can either report the abuse via Facebook or you can speak to the police as it's harassment and slander (if they are going for your business)

Also it's not very professional on their behalf to bitch about someone else especially while providing a service.

It's easy to say look beyond it or retaliate but it still hurts and the. You end up worrying about the future.

I wouldn't worry too much. The fact is you own your own salon and have staff means that she has a lot of growing to do. Your 10 steps ahead already :)

Surrey Girl through and through x

I know its hard and horrible, but don't retaliate and don't talk to clients about it or be rude in anyway, at the moment she is the one 100% in the wrong! clients will soon realise who's actually doing the mud slinging.

Keep professional and if she continues then report her to relevant sources.

Good luck x

Did she have a contract with you with a clause about not taking clients and or setting up a business near to yours if she left?
If so then I would consult a lawyer, maybe some official correspondence from them threatening legal action would stop this campaign against you.

Did she have a contract with you with a clause about not taking clients and or setting up a business near to yours if she left?
If so then I would consult a lawyer, maybe some official correspondence from them threatening legal action would stop this campaign against you.

Couldn't of put it better myself

Thank you everyone. For your responses. Yes she did have a contract but she never signed it. She is working at the NHS and doing mobile on the side. So there is an issue of not paying tax on her part. So she's bragging to people how busy she is not realising that some one will eventually put 2 and 2 together and dob her in.
I can't afford any legal advice or solicitors so will have to go down the police route if it gets any worse. I think that she will give up eventually. Xx

I really feel for you. I've had ex staff hating on me too, usually when they've nicked stuff and poached clients, but make the salon owner out to be the baddie. The only thing I can say is that they disappear eventually.
You're well rid. Onwards and upwards.

You could send a cease and desist letter yourself.

Just write to her stating that you have spoken with a lawyer and will instruct them to take legal action against her requesting substantial damages unless she ceases her defamatory and unprofessional behaviour immediately.

No need to state details, just keep it short and to the point.

That might be enough to resolve the problem.

I to would send her a letter to her saying you will be seeking advice.
Chin up what goes around comes around.....

You could send a cease and desist letter yourself.

Just write to her stating that you have spoken with a lawyer and will instruct them to take legal action against her requesting substantial damages unless she ceases her defamatory and unprofessional behaviour immediately.

No need to state details, just keep it short and to the point.

That might be enough to resolve the problem.

Do this ^^ or better yet have your solicitor send a cease and desist letter on headed paper.....they'll **** bricks !

Cant comment to her nhs job as such but I had a client who works for nhs and she was very rude to myself and staff then came into salon kicking off etc this went on for a while posting on fb etc so I wrote a letter to her head of dept and complained about her. Each nhs employee signs a code of conduct which states how they should behave outside of work and reflects their position and nhs. I also copied in the chief exec of hospital. Ive never heard from her again but received letters from her bosses to say she had been given a written warning. Again cant comment on her job and each trust has their own code of conduct etc but its a route worth trying if she wont give it up and leave you alone.

Sent from my GT-I9205 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thank you everyone for your advice. It's really helped. Xxx

Thank you everyone. For your responses. Yes she did have a contract but she never signed it. She is working at the NHS and doing mobile on the side. So there is an issue of not paying tax on her part. So she's bragging to people how busy she is not realising that some one will eventually put 2 and 2 together and dob her in.
I can't afford any legal advice or solicitors so will have to go down the police route if it gets any worse. I think that she will give up eventually. Xx

You don't have to sign an employment contract for it to be valid. Once given, unless the recipient formally disputes it, it is enforceable :)

You don't have to sign an employment contract for it to be valid. Once given, unless the recipient formally disputes it, it is enforceable :)

Very true.

Latest posts

Back