Beox brazilian keratin treatment (update) please help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Hi ladies I thought I'd update you on what's happened after the first wash. Basically, my daughter was poorly at the weekend so washed her hair late last night for the first time since having the Beox Brazilian Keeratin Treatment on Friday. She washed it with Keratin shampoo and conditioner as advised. She then blow dried it straight with a paddle brush. Her hair looked absolutely nothing as straight/smooth/shiny as it did after the brazilian and is still frizzy, only marginally less than before she had it done! I telephoned the salon today and got a recorded message saying they are closed for the near future due to family bereavement! so I can't take her back. What can she do to make it straight and shiny again? She got the brazilian done so as to not have to keep using irons so I'll be upset if she needs to iron it again to achieve smoothness. Why do you think it hasn't worked?. Her hair was not overly coated in the lotion and it was only left on there for about 2 minutes before the stylist began blowdrying it. Should it be left on longer? Should they use alot of lotion? Also, I think I read somewhere that you have to wait 4 weeks before you can have it done again, is that right? and if so, why is that? Would really appreciate some advice as my poor daughter had the treatment as her birthday present and now it looks like it's virtually washed away!!
Thankyou for your help xxxx

well this is how i normaly do a blow out. :

wash 3 times with clariying shampoo

take small sections and apply the keratin, process for 10 mins with heat

blow dry using radial brush

straighten one piece 8-10 times

rine and apply keratin mask

blow dry and strighten again

and then tell my client not to wash it for 3 days (72hrs)

and not once have i had a complaint :) so i would go back to the salon and ask them how the process they do works.

hi it was beox i was using and that isnt how i would do it i would
1 shampoo 2 times with clariying shampoo
2 blast dry
3 apply treatment in small section
4 leave for 10mins without heat
5 dry smooth
6 iron each section 8 times
7 tell client to keep as smooth as possible for the next 24hrs or until they have shampooed there hair which i alway say do after 24hrs
does this sound like what the salon have done the iron part is the most important is this is what seals the treatment into the hair

every brand works different but it was beox that i used

hi it was beox i was using and that isnt how i would do it i would
1 shampoo 2 times with clariying shampoo
2 blast dry
3 apply treatment in small section
4 leave for 10mins without heat
5 dry smooth
6 iron each section 8 times
7 tell client to keep as smooth as possible for the next 24hrs or until they have shampooed there hair which i alway say do after 24hrs
does this sound like what the salon have done the iron part is the most important is this is what seals the treatment into the hair

every brand works different but it was beox that i used
Thanks ladies, Yes, it was Beox brand and this is what they did:-
1. Washed hair with clarifying shampoo twice (leaving the 2nd shampoo on for a couple of mins)

2. Comb tangles out and blast dry with hairdryer

3. Paint on lotion in sections (not very small) with tinting brush

4. When whole head covered with lotion, She left the lotion ona bout 2 or 3 minutes

5. She rough dried it again and then used a round brush a bit

6. she ironed each section about 6 times.

We were told not to wash the hair for at least 48 hrs, longer if poss. Daughter washed it Sunday eve so 3 days later. They didn't have any Beox shampoo so told me to buy La-Brasiliana s/poo and condit, and I also bought the styling spray.

Someone that I know also goes to that salon and she has heard that they are going to be shut for about a fortnight!!

Is it true anyway that you can't have another keratin treatment for 4 weeks? Why is that??

Thanks for your help, daughter is now resorting to putting hair up as it looks barely any different from before she had it done:irked: xxxxxxx

Hiya I do the same as Sharon with Beox, when I go through the hair with the irons I do 2xslow then 6xquick. I apply a reasonable amount of product and comb put the residue. As far as I know I've only had 1 that didn't take, it did at first but only lasted 3 weeks, I did it after 6 weeks and 3 months later she's having her next one as it took great.

Can I ask is your daughters hair, virgin hair, curly, wavy, kinky? If it's virgin hair it could take a couple of attempts. My client thT had the problem had "White Afro" as she described it, plus it was auburn, so doubly resistant. Do you know which one they used, Acai, Marrakesch, or Chocolate? Apparently the Acai is newest and might not be as strong. Maybe the irons didn't heat up enough, or werent set high enough?

Y can't it be done within 4 weeks? I can't really answer that it's just the manufacturers recommendation, other brands are different.

Not very good though if there's no one at the salon to speak to. Can I ask how much you paid? I'm still shocked they didn't give you aftercare!!

Xx

Hiya I do the same as Sharon with Beox, when I go through the hair with the irons I do 2xslow then 6xquick. I apply a reasonable amount of product and comb put the residue. As far as I know I've only had 1 that didn't take, it did at first but only lasted 3 weeks, I did it after 6 weeks and 3 months later she's having her next one as it took great.

Can I ask is your daughters hair, virgin hair, curly, wavy, kinky? If it's virgin hair it could take a couple of attempts. My client thT had the problem had "White Afro" as she described it, plus it was auburn, so doubly resistant. Do you know which one they used, Acai, Marrakesch, or Chocolate? Apparently the Acai is newest and might not be as strong. Maybe the irons didn't heat up enough, or werent set high enough?

Y can't it be done within 4 weeks? I can't really answer that it's just the manufacturers recommendation, other brands are different.

Not very good though if there's no one at the salon to speak to. Can I ask how much you paid? I'm still shocked they didn't give you aftercare!!

Xx
Hi thanks for that. My daughters hair is medium texture but quite frizzy (especiallly in the weather) and she has dark lowlights going through it. The stylist didn't leave it on long enough by the sounds of it and she straightened it very fast, not slowly, and it was full of static (literally sticking up) afterwards. I think I'll go back to the salon with her when it re-opens and ask them to do it again, and leave it on for at least 20 mins next time.
Thank you for all your help ladies xxx

Hi thanks for that. My daughters hair is medium texture but quite frizzy (especiallly in the weather) and she has dark lowlights going through it. The stylist didn't leave it on long enough by the sounds of it and she straightened it very fast, not slowly, and it was full of static (literally sticking up) afterwards. I think I'll go back to the salon with her when it re-opens and ask them to do it again, and leave it on for at least 20 mins next time.
Thank you for all your help ladies xxx

Hiya the static is quite normal, 15 mins will be plenty long enough, but I reckon it's the sealing with the irons that could be the problem, but all said and done this is tough hair, but they should offer to do it again non the less.

Good luck x

Latest posts

Back