Best straighteners for Brazilian blowdry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I currently use ghds mk4 wide newer version , I use global keratin
I know ur meant to use titanium plate but I never have done and I've always had fab results with the treatment but am wondering what u guys use? I've heard fhi platform are good and reach the 230 degrees that is recommended, also saw that corioliss do a titanium pair also heats to 230, I want something that will stand up to the job and won't die on me after a few uses.....
Any suggestions be fab! Thank you x

I currently use FHIs, so far so good!

I've used Fhi platform for almost a year now and they're still going strong.

Brilliant thanks think I may get a pair then! Be good to hear if anyone has tried titanium and ceramic and hear if there is a difference at all??? X

Brilliant thanks think I may get a pair then! Be good to hear if anyone has tried titanium and ceramic and hear if there is a difference at all??? X

When I used ceramic the solution stripped off the plates of 2 brand new pairs.

I have been using my ghds for a year and they are still fine it's just them not reaching the correct temp that worries me, what straighteners do u use??
Was it the fhi platforms that u used which went bad?
Thanks

I have been using my ghds for a year and they are still fine it's just them not reaching the correct temp that worries me, what straighteners do u use??
Was it the fhi platforms that u used which went bad?
Thanks

No , can't remember the make, just cheapos from Sallys

It's important to use a titanium plate as the heat is consistent all the way down the hair especially on longer hair as the ceramic plate doesn't hold the heat as well so the hair could still be a bit frizzy on the ends. Also the product will strip a ceramic plate and ceramics don't heat up to the correct temperature . Hope that helps

It's important to use a titanium plate as the heat is consistent all the way down the hair especially on longer hair as the ceramic plate doesn't hold the heat as well so the hair could still be a bit frizzy on the ends. Also the product will strip a ceramic plate and ceramics don't heat up to the correct temperature . Hope that helps

Thanks , this Is what I've heard but I have been using ghds with no problem accept for a repeat treatment the client stated was by as good as the first one but still ok
So it got me thinking!
What ones do you use?
I know fhi platform are not ceramic but had heard they were very good?
X

Yes I heard fhi are good but as they're ceramic I don't use them, you don't need expensive titanium straighteners you can buy them for around £30 as long as they heat to 240 degrees (less on bleached hair)as you're using them on product but they do make a huge difference on the quality of the result good luck! Xx

Thanks Hun can u recommend a good titanium plate? What do u use? X

Latest posts

Back