Best tips to use / Advice on promoting mobile business!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sher16

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I am just starting out as a mobile tech. I have been qualified for a few years and been doing family and friends since then outwith my mainstream job !!
I am trying to build up a good client list so I can eventually give up this mainstream job and embark on a new career self employed!!!
My first question is can any of you recommend a good brand of nail tips? So far my faves have been Noveau tips from Backscratchers - the french, pearl and natural coloured are all great but major downfall - only come in box of 150ct. I need a box of atleast 360 - 400 ideal! I have tried Millennium tips, find them far to deep and when filed to fit they lose the perfect smile! Any suggestions?
Secondly, any advice on promoting myself? As I am mobile its hard to get the same business that salons get as they have humans passing by or getting other treatments and cross sell into nails - for example a few girls I know rented tables in salons and ended up gaining most of their clients who seen them sat in corner doing nails and got their card!! I dont have that luxury yet.....
FYI I do nails - eyelash extensions - eyebrow and eyelash tinting and waxing but mainly doing nails and lashes for now.
Any advice greatly received!!
Em xx

Hi there,
I have found my car door magnets invaluable! I get around town a lot taxiing my kiddies and my car does the advertising for me!
Also my website and contact details when people Google search.
I have business cards in a lot of local businesses and children's indoor play areas.

Hope this helps!

Em x

Hi Emma,

I am in a similar boat to you just now! I have done business cards, just received last week and I am distributing them as I go places! I have also started a Facebook page as an alternative to a website ( until I have the ££ to do one!) I am still working 6 hrs per day in my office job, and as it's the school hols I have even less time for clients, so haven't done any other advertising. Fingers crossed I'll have a bit of a clientele outside of friends and family by Xmas! Good luck, and if you get any more hints or tips please let me know! Xxx

Have a look at pro impressions advanced tips. Very reasonably priced and far more tips to a box. :D

Hi there,
I have found my car door magnets invaluable! I get around town a lot taxiing my kiddies and my car does the advertising for me!
Also my website and contact details when people Google search.
I have business cards in a lot of local businesses and children's indoor play areas.

Hope this helps!

Em x

Do these work as I was thinking about getting some for my car from vistaprint but ive seen some on cars before guessing the small size and you can't really see the information cleary? X

Thank u all for advice! Going to loop up pro impressions tips - i found a few of my clients nails worked well with the millennium tips this week but i have alot of clients who they dont so need alternatives!
I might try the magnet - they look great. Re last comment above i think the trick is to prob keep it short & sweet so that its readable from further away??
Em xxx

Latest posts

Back