Best way to achieve a pastel pink.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flix's

Reaction score
Hi,
Wondered if anyone can help my sisters wanting the pastel pink colour putting through her already white blonde hair.. Where going to put slices throughout the front of her hair( has frankie sat cut) but not sure what colour to use. I was going to do a base 10 with l'oreal majimix red... But reading earlier post someone did it and it went red... My sister would die lol shes no dare devil so this is a big step to add pink after always been blonde.
Just wondered if anyone can recommend a colour that will give the pastel pink am going to warehouse today to get colour but thought id ask first...
Thanku x

10/0 with a tiny amount of 0/65 wella mixtone x

10 & majimix is fine, just add a small amount of red...if this went red for someone they probably used half and half or something lol

Loreal base 10 with a little bit of 6.66

That would bring it to about an 8 not pastel x

Surely if u had half and half that'd be an 8 but adding a tiny bit in, the same as concentrate, wouldn't affect the depth much?

So sorry giving wrong advise I meant base 10 and red concentrate, just a little :) x

Last edited:
Surely if u had half and half that'd be an 8 but adding a tiny bit in, the same as concentrate, wouldn't affect the depth much?
Love ya pezza xx

Use 10.0 with 0.65 wella mix tone result fab!!!

On white hair id use base 10 with a teeny bit of red concentrate - the colour you see is the colour you'll get on white hair x

Yeah you're right :biggrin:
I use 10/0 and 0/65 too, it's lovely

Would this work with Paul Mitchell TheColor??
A girl called up this week wanting pastel pink, and I remembered the 10.0 + 0/65 , but, PM doesn't work like that :(
I guess the equivalent would be 10N and Red ColorShot (they do Blue,Violet,Red,Orange,Yellow) .

Told her we could use the Semi Range *Ink Works* but it doesn't last very long.

Any ideas if I can do the same with PM?

PM are alot different I agree, I always used inkworks and make it less intense with clear then burnt it in, it's the same if not longer lasting than using 10/0 and 0/65 x

iv had an absolute nightmare with mine!!
At first i done it and used Matrix SPM and a dash of red concentrate which was nice, but i prefferd being blonde. so..... with a little help from Bluerinse, washed it out with a clarifying shampoo.

Then... i decided i wanted it back (as you do) done the same SPM, and it didnt last 5 minutes, iv washed it 3 times in a fortnight, and i have hardly any colour left.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop it fading?
Im not sure id do it on a client, as it didnt last the week :(

iv had an absolute nightmare with mine!!
At first i done it and used Matrix SPM and a dash of red concentrate which was nice, but i prefferd being blonde. so..... with a little help from Bluerinse, washed it out with a clarifying shampoo.

Then... i decided i wanted it back (as you do) done the same SPM, and it didnt last 5 minutes, iv washed it 3 times in a fortnight, and i have hardly any colour left.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop it fading?
Im not sure id do it on a client, as it didnt last the week :(

Probably getting it back to blonde from pink the first time damaged it a little bit.

You won't be able to keep it any longer unless you put intense treatments on and dry and get it healthier. As a rule pastel tones don't last very long :(

PM are alot different I agree, I always used inkworks and make it less intense with clear then burnt it in, it's the same if not longer lasting than using 10/0 and 0/65 x
Hmmm that's interesting!
I have another client who is potentially interested in pastel-y pinky tones, so will bear that in mind - Thank you.

I do wonder what 10N + Red CS would look like though :eek:

Ermm a gentler way of doing it would be to get a hot pink semi crazy colour and mix a blob with conditioner til you get the colour you like and whack it on. Colour plus intensive conditioning all in one!

That's what ink works is :) x

Latest posts

Back