Best way to reach Salon Owners-a different perspective

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MobileWilliams

Reaction score
Hello all! This is my first post here, and this one may sound a bit weird (and new). I would like to offer my services to local beauticians in my area but I am not sure of which way would be more convenient!

I have tried calling them, but calling never seems to be a good idea because usually, they are performing art on someones hair/nails! It's the same deal when I try to walk in. Everyone seems to be too busy and its more of a "leave the info on the front desk" type thing. And don't get me started on sending e-mails!

I am sure some of you guys and gals have been approached in some fashion or another. Which would be the best way to contact the owner of a salon without being rude and/or disruptive?

For me, email. I can read through all the information at my leisure and make my decision in peace and it is always where I can find it if I need to refer to it! Call me and i'm generally to busy to answer or listen, leave a message I generally won't call back unless it is something I am interested in. Mail, I don't tend to take much notice of again unless I am interested in something but I generally misplace it somewhere... walk in and you won't find me, even if I'm there.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for your input! Here is something else I forgot to mention. How do you feel about people who try to message you via social media such as Facebook?

Thanks for your input! Here is something else I forgot to mention. How do you feel about people who try to message you via social media such as Facebook?

As long as it is done through a message, which to be fair most are, I'm ok with it. . Although the only ones that seem to advertise this way are web design companies. .. pointless to me, as I have one. Leave a message on my page for all to see and my head spins 360 degrees....I don't know how many others will agree with email for communication but I am from a corporate background.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi ive only had my business 2 years next week ive had a few people enquiring about jobs through post, email and text as i use a mobile at present im trying to build up my business so usually ive got time but as well not busy enough to employ anybody plus its just one room in a hairdressers i have known salons advertising jobs on facebook

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hello all! This is my first post here, and this one may sound a bit weird (and new). I would like to offer my services to local beauticians in my area but I am not sure of which way would be more convenient!

I have tried calling them, but calling never seems to be a good idea because usually, they are performing art on someones hair/nails! It's the same deal when I try to walk in. Everyone seems to be too busy and its more of a "leave the info on the front desk" type thing. And don't get me started on sending e-mails!

I am sure some of you guys and gals have been approached in some fashion or another. Which would be the best way to contact the owner of a salon without being rude and/or disruptive?

It depends on what services you are offering. Can you give more detail?

I have a busy salon , so like you already know no time for calls and hate reps dropping in un announced . Def. email and if you 're getting no response then maybe it's because they're not interested ? . Sorry to be blunt but we get so many I'll re do your web page better, bump you up google etc etc that we don't want .

This is all wonderful information! I have a hard time with e-mail because (1) usually many salon's websites don't have their email posted and (2) they probably don't check their "Contact Me" form on their aged website.

I think the best thing for me to do, besides PPC, is try to reach individuals via Facebook or Linked-in.

@work2hard - Thanks for that! I understand, that's why I don't offer websites or seo. I feel that those markets are far too saturated. Mobile websites and map listings are all the rage now, but I don't offer that either.

@Mobile Manicure - Here is a quick commercial that I created that explains my service. Don't worry, I'm not pitching to anyone, I plan on staying local for the next year or so. YouTube Link

I personally hate cold calls, nothing worse than having to leave your client for a sales call - we don't have time, same goes for dropping in unannounced. I consider it rude to abandon a client to deal with a rep.
Emails all the way for me, then I can read it through in my own time and decide if I want to follow it up or not :)

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Most staff/receptionist will give out email addresses over the phone. I have a general one core the website and staff but my own individuals work email address.

I will not take sales calls or speak to sales people In the salon. I have all the information in emails and decide if indeed my business would benefit from what ever is being sold. Most business owners have sales calls daily and absolutely hate it. Sales calls drive me mad. My staff know that I am never there unless it's my family. They take a message or pass on my email address. I have had some via Facebook, it's not as good as email as email gets check way more regularly than Facebook.

I dont have LinkedIn, well I do but I dont use it!

Good luck

Jemima :)

Latest posts

Back