Best way to wind down my business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah_H

Reaction score
So I've been renting a nail space in a salon for 2 years, this is off a woman I've known for 8 years whose family own the salon.
I have really built my nail business and worked extremely hard to the point where I work 45+ hours a week and I'm fully booked 3-5 weeks in advance, which is awesome!
She has not done so well, lack of enthusiasm, she trained 15 years ago in level 2 beauty only and has not taken on board any new trends or treatments so naturally she has hardly any client base even with mine coming in and out all week.
Anyway she's had issues with her home life etc and text me this week to inform me she's taken everything out of the salon and is now working from home...by text, no face to face discussion!
I've decided I don't want to take on the salon and I'm planning to move to a new area with my boyfriend.
My question is how do I tell clients and wrap everything up? I doubt she's told many clients she's left so I guess I'm picking up the pieces.
She's also in a lot of debt to her suppliers and the service providers who call 3-4 times a day!
How do I tell my very loyal clients i'm leaving without telling them too much about her and her issues? I don't want to leave as a gossip! I have very high work morals and I refuse to talk about people behind their back.
They'll also wonder why I don't want to take on the salon as they know how well I do but I just need a fresh start away from there and her.
Hope this makes sense, any advise would be great

Just say to them

Due to unforeseen circumstance with my landlady the salon will closing on x date, unfortunately this means I will no longer be able to book treatments in from x date.

Unfortunately as well my partner and I have decided to move to xx area and this means it will no longer be viable to commute to the salon

And at this moment in time I not looking to do mobile or work from home in the interim period

hank you very much your custom and continued support over the x years that I have been trading, I have really enjoyed beening your nail tech and having you as a client ( s).

I can recommend xxx nail tech to go to

Last edited:
As above or just tell them that you're moving out of the area and will cease working on xx date. Tell them you've enjoyed getting to know them, thank them for their loyal custom and you wish them well.

No need for any lengthy explanations.

Latest posts

Back