better spray tan training required

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kadie

Reaction score
hi guys, I have all my spray tan gear etc etc but it's one of those treatments that i absoluetly dread. I can never get the hands and feet right. I would like some better training really, mine was rubbish and over in 30 mins. Could anyone point me in the right direction? x

I am going to do my Tantrick training tomorrow - will have more info then.

What type of spray tan do you use?

I'm doing my TANTRICK training on Friday and will let you know. Course lasts approx 4 hours and i will be doing 3 models.

where are you doing yours Alison?

hi guys, I have all my spray tan gear etc etc but it's one of those treatments that i absoluetly dread. I can never get the hands and feet right. I would like some better training really, mine was rubbish and over in 30 mins. Could anyone point me in the right direction? x

There may be useful info on these sites.
http://www.salongeek.com/misc-sites/40683-tanning-forum.html?highlight=spraytan+forum
http://www.salongeek.com/misc-sites/40836-spray-tan-fans-web-forum.html?highlight=spraytan+forum

I did my training with the Tantrick trainer in Glasgow (Fiona Wallace on here).

Excellent training and although I had being doing pretty well on my own the correct technique made it loads easier and you get used to it more and more.

I still dread doing it in case I have done something wrong but every client I have seen after it looks fab.

You can train with Tantrick ever if you don't use their systems! It cover health and safety, contraindications, pre and after care and application amongst other things.

hi, i use sunjunkie at the moment. so tantrick will train me with my own machine and gun? x

Hi Kadie

We only use our own machines in Tantrick training courses but you should be able to apply the knowledge gained throughout the training session to your own products and HVLP system. If you own a compressor and airbrush, you will find it differs to the HVLP system, but there is much more to Spray Tanning Training from Tantrick than just picking up a spray gun and covering someone with tanning solution!

The certificate you will receive upon sucessful completion of the course will enable you to get insurance for your treatments from Pro Beauty or The Guild.

We have a training centre in Market Harborough if you are interested. Please call me on 0845 022 22 33 for further information.

Kind regards

Mandy

How much is the Tantric training? I have done fake bake and as much as i like it, it takes too long (manually). When you girls have done your training can you let me know how it went?

Cheers chicks xx:lol:

Tantrick training is included within the mobile and salon packages.
Training on its own is from £75 per head and is available at one of our twelve national training centres.

This accredited training includes:

Health & Safety
Contraindications
Product knowledge
Machine maintenance
Application Techniques
Marketing guidance
Training Pack
Enamel badge

If you would like to know more, please email me and I can put you in touch with your nearest centre.

Regards

Mandy

Did my Tantrick training today - cannot fault the training, kit or product.

I am a very happy bunny.:):):)

I also did my TANTRICK training today - all I can say is that I am so pleased with EVERYTHING.

Fiona the trainer was fab - told me absolutely everything I needed to know and was patient and supportive throughout the whole session.

First of all she went throught the presentation which was very informative - Fiona presented this in an informal manner and it was pitched just at the right level. Then we got down to it....

Fiona spray tanned me while all the time talking me through the procedure - never for a second did I feel uncomfortable or awkward, I just felt totally relaxed and enjoyed getting my tan done - it looked lovely as soon as she was finished and it was yet to develop (I am sitting here some 10 hours later and it looks FAB, a really lovely colour).

Next it was my turn and I did my first model, Fiona talked me through the whole process again as I was spraying and it went without a hitch!

Then on to my second model and Fiona took more of a back seat this time - still there for guidance when I got stuck, but slowly letting me take control of the session.

By the time I got to my third and final model I was raring to go and completed her in about 20 mins with a lovely even tan (even if I say so myself)!

SO thank you to Fiona and all on this site who recommended TANTRICK - I cannot fault anything - I am thoroughly delighted with the whole experience so far. (thanks also to Fiona's staff who were so lovely to my models and kept them supplied with choccies and coffee while they were waiting!)

By the way all 3 of my models have been in touch tonight to say they are delighted with how their tans have turned out!

Glad it went well alisonxx

Whats better/more popular the spray gun or the airbrush for tanning?

Hiya

I have done my tantricks training last year.The results are great everytime and would use nothing else. You will love working with the products. Also try the tantricks moisturising lotion it keeps the tan for that bit longer and smells lovely.

Nailsz16

I have given you a little help with this in the other thread Leah where you have asked the same question :hug:

Hi Leah

A few years ago the airbrush was the way we used to apply a spray tan or an "airbrush" tan as it used to be known as. Airbrushes are about the size of a pen and are always combined with a compressor which should sprays at a pressure of approx 20psi (pounds per square inch) therefore creating more overspray as the pressure on a HVLP system is generally set at about 1-3psi. Compressors need to have an annual safety inspection by a competent professional to ensure their safe working.

The benefits are that it is generally quieter and you can also use the airbrush to do body art, nail art etc albeit that you may have to purchase a secondary airbrush, you can do it with this system. It will usually take about 20-30 mins to do a full body tan and comes with lots of mist.

Some companies will attach a spray gun to a compressor and try to call it a HVLP system, for this they generally need a larger compressor system to ensure the pressure is great enough to create the fine mist required to do a decent application from the spray gun. I have seen two compressors, TC2000 and a TC5000, being bolted together and covered with a metal housing to form a new machine when it was then used with a spray gun. By attaching a spray gun to a compressor will NOT make the system a HVLP, this is down to the nature of your machine.

HVLP (high volume low pressure) systems work with only a spray gun, you will not be able to do any nail art etc with this system but you will have quicker applications, less overspray therefore using less product, meaning you can make more money form each bottle of tanning solution and have less cleaning to do. It is also better from point of view where there is less spray to inhale if you have not considered ventillation. These systems will not need any specific safety inspection, only the normal PAT testing which should apply annually to each portable electronic appliance within the workplace.

The industry is certainly going forward with HVLP systems and spray guns, I didn't think I would ever give up my airbrush for a system like this but personally once I tried it, I would never go back!

Are you going to Excel later this month? There will be lots of different systems on show of both varieties which you can see and try out. If you need any more info, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards

Mandy x

Latest posts

Back