better spray tan training required

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou, for your help guys!!! Tried the above link before having problems logging-in so the site Mod is helping me with it!!! Fab site though defiantely worth a look guys!!! :)

WOW mandy thankyou soooooooooo much!!! That info was brilliant!! Honestly thanks for taking the time to explain it all like that FAB!!! I was thinking about getting an airbrushing machine/ gun etc..... for nail art as some designs can be fab, but I don't think there is such a high demand for that at the moment & so felt I would stick with free hand nail art instead, lol!!

Do you find you used the airbrush for nail art, body art or just stuck to using it for tanning? As would be a shame to buy two machines though if one could do both in the long run, say in the future I look into airbrush art? Wouldn't really know what machine best for that?

I used the HVLP system when training & found it great to use, was a little over spray but not much, I would be doing tanning mobile so wanted to take this into big consideration for the clients as well as myself!!!

The two compressors you mentioned TC2000 and a TC5000, are ones that the company I trained with use & was looking at & so you have helped me with info regards buying either of them, however one lady on here swore by them when she did her training, so its no wondered I'm so confused, lol!!! The HVLP does sound like the way to go though! Whats the mini mist, I've read about on here a lot? Thanks :)

WOW mandy thankyou soooooooooo much!!! That info was brilliant!! Honestly thanks for taking the time to explain it all like that FAB!!! I was thinking about getting an airbrushing machine/ gun etc..... for nail art as some designs can be fab, but I don't think there is such a high demand for that at the moment & so felt I would stick with free hand nail art instead, lol!!

Do you find you used the airbrush for nail art, body art or just stuck to using it for tanning? As would be a shame to buy two machines though if one could do both in the long run, say in the future I look into airbrush art? Wouldn't really know what machine best for that?

I used the HVLP system when training & found it great to use, was a little over spray but not much, I would be doing tanning mobile so wanted to take this into big consideration for the clients as well as myself!!!

The two compressors you mentioned TC2000 and a TC5000, are ones that the company I trained with use & was looking at & so you have helped me with info regards buying either of them, however one lady on here swore by them when she did her training, so its no wondered I'm so confused, lol!!! The HVLP does sound like the way to go though! Whats the mini mist, I've read about on here a lot? Thanks :)

The Minimist is Tantricks trademark for a little machine, also known as the Mobilemist... and many other names!! Spraytancubicle sell it, as do Couture.. you're better off checking out the different companies and contacting them all and see what they will do for you!

The minimist is the mobile one.. not suitable for doing 10+ sprays a day - thanks for that info Jen/NailFX - are you in a salon Leah or homebased?

Seeing as you are already using Siennasun solution (if I remember correctly) - I would choose which machine you want and find who does it cheapest - all you have to do is pull the suppliers logo off if you don't want it! The cheapest price I have seen the mobile one for/minimist.. is £199 and if you go to Find Spray Tanning Technicians, Salons, Suppliers in your area... there is a post on there from the actual supplier!

Have fun checking out the price differences between the machines!

Hi Leah

With regard to your question about the airbrush Body Art and Nail Art, I do truly believe that very few people make any real money from these services. I bought the body art kit as I thought it would be fab to do and there would be a huge call for it with a wonderful profit......the same with the nail art, make up and hair art....... in fact I don't think I even covered the cost of the kits! The sales people obviously talked a good talk and as I am pretty artistic, and thought I'd love to do all these extra add ons I got pulled into it! lol

I became a trainer for the company who was supplying these kits and frequently would advise people to consider doing tanning rather than to purchase these add on services to make their money.

I know from experience and from conversations with other staff that the only people to make money from the nail art and body art etc was the company supplying the products in the first place!:rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, the effects are fab and I loved doing all aspects of airbrushing, but it was not such a good business investment as I had once thought.

Think carefully about the viability of any extra service you are going to provide and if you can do nail art by hand and your clients love it, then why invest hundreds of pounds which will need goodness knows how many clients to have airbrushed nails before you break even.

Hope this helps hun!

Mandy x

Well that's funny because all I can see here is very useful and unbiased replies given in this thread alone.

I can buy exactly the same loaf of bread in Waitrose, Tesco and Aldi, but it doesn't mean I will always buy it for the cheapest price. Customer service and a more pleasant buying experience is just as much a priority to me, so you should not assume that everyone just looks for the cheapest method of buying when replying.

We all have different needs and so when advising people it is best to find out what their needs are ... then and only then can you give a truly unbiased reply IMO.

Leah if you need a compressor for nail and body art there is one for sale in geekbay.

Well that's funny because all I can see here is very useful and unbiased replies given in this thread alone.

I can buy exactly the same loaf of bread in Waitrose, Tesco and Aldi, but it doesn't mean I will always buy it for the cheapest price. Customer service and a more pleasant buying experience is just as much a priority to me, so you should not assume that everyone just looks for the cheapest method of buying when replying.

We all have different needs and so when advising people it is best to find out what their needs are ... then and only then can you give a truly unbiased reply IMO.

Leah if you need a compressor for nail and body art there is one for sale in geekbay.

I'm sorry Sassy, but why do I deserve the sarcastic comment?

I referred Leah to that website because it is unbiased, it is run by a professional for professionals and all the tanning supply companies are on there with as much equal right to promote their goods. There are also unbiased product reviews kindly done by the moderators regularly and we do not know which products the moderators use because it is not relevant. Out of all the companies I have contacted on there, each and every one has been professional and I know that they have all got good customer services because many people use them and are satisified.

I do not see the point in spending hundreds of pounds more to be tied in with one supplier, just at the advice of someone else. It makes sense to purchase the machine and then choose the solution or vice versa.

Knowing that some people have bought into big packages and thus feel cheated considering that they don't use that companies solution anymore, it makes sense to shop around.

After all, that little mobile machine/minmist/whatever... is being imported by many companies from the ONE supplier.

I am right in saying that they have different stickers on, but this doesn't make them more powerful.. longer lasting or anything over another company.

I am sorry if you think I was out of order pointing Leah in that direction, perhaps it should have been done in PM?

Not sure quite where the sarcastic comment is, I keep looking :eek: and can't see it! But Sam doesn't take too kindly to people directing people to other forums - it would be like going into a salon and giving out leaflets directing people to your opposition up the road. If that is where you find my sarcasm then you are mistaken, it was aimed at showing this site a little more respect!

However that is taking this thread off topic now. As I said above, some people make a choice based on price, others may not have that as their main priority. Choosing products is a very personal journey, and whilst recommendation from others is great, it has to be your choice aimed at your priorities.

Thanks Sassy will have a look now!!! :)

I did mention above in a previous post about the other site being fab, have to say it wasn't saying that this site isn't any good for tanning advise but that the other site was purely a tanning site so more answers to question may be covered there!!!

Oh wish I'd not asked now. :)

Couture do training for spray tanning with whichever system you use, this covers all the usual topics as Spray2go mentioned, training is free when our kits are purchased, I too learnt with a traditional small airbrush and at the time we thought it was wonderful, times change and things get better, we now have less overspray and quicker tanning times, BUT the airbrush and compressors are still used all over the world, nail art is what it says an "art" and with the correct training and practise can provide you with another means of attracting clients, even if you only used it for airbrushing french, or toes.
So if you do still have a compressor, you can use it for other things.

Debbie Easter
Creative Nail Academy Manchester
Couture - tanning solutions and tan equipment

Thanks Sassy will have a look now!!! :)

I did mention above in a previous post about the other site being fab, have to say it wasn't saying that this site isn't any good for tanning advise but that the other site was purely a tanning site so more answers to question may be covered there!!!

Oh wish I'd not asked now. :)

Leah, please don't think you should't have asked the question. Im sure that amongst this thread you have managed to fish out all the good advice that has been given. Forums are great for discussions and also questions. I know from my point of view I have learnt so much from this and other sites. As have many of the other users also posting on this thread. My advice is speak to lots of different suppliers and find one that you get on with that also has good recomendations. That way you have made you own choice. the suppliers on this and other forums are reputable. Look around the site and am sure you will collect enough information to help you decide.

Keep smiling and good luck x

Poppy x

Thanks its hard when you train in something really new to you to know whats what & so even though I had so much information I felt lost by all the differing opinons, lol!! I have to say though that thanks to this thread & replies I have learnt so much & its made things seem much clearer, thankfully!!! :)

Hey I agree a healthy decussion is fab but I just didn't want to cause problems as everyone has different views & its one of those questions that do get mixed replies & it comes down to the fact that written comments can come across differently than face to face, even if they are good willed, so always worry about asking things like the above for fear of starting a ruckuss!!!

But I now I'd be lost without this site, its fab. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for all the geeks & Mods on here that have helped me. Being a geek family member is amazing, its just like your own family but 10 times bigger, actually that sounds quite scary if my family are anything to go by, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, LOL, tell ya we have some healthy debates!!! :)

hi guys, I have all my spray tan gear etc etc but it's one of those treatments that i absoluetly dread. I can never get the hands and feet right. I would like some better training really, mine was rubbish and over in 30 mins. Could anyone point me in the right direction? x
Hi kadie,
phew this is a posting with many theads weaving their way from earth to the moon and back which makes me wonder if your origional posting question has actually been answered by us proffessionals:confused:
Its been a while since your posting..have you managed to get yourself fully up and running with the buisness of spraytanning as yet??..its a good buisness to be involved in bringing good financial rewards for most..however in order to do so adequate training is of the utmost importance as it brings confidence to the operator and therefore financial reward from doing a job well.
if you still do need some help getting started PM me with your contact details and I will happilly see if I can be of some help to you..whichever brand you are using.
Best regards and good luck in this exciting buisness
Collin

hi when I did my tan course I was not told anything about health & safety can you please fill me in on this information please. :lol:

Health and Safety is a lot of common sense to start with,
making sure you have insurance and it is up to date
having the correct ventilation/extraction
sanitation, reducing the amount of pathogens & bacteria on surfaces and machines etc
making sure you, staff & clients wont fall over trailing wires etc, all spills are cleaned immediately,
make sure you use protective clothing when required, nasal filters, masks etc
have your electrical equipment PAT tested every 12 months.
See i bet you knew most of that already didn't you :hug:

ha ha yeah I did know that thanks louise, I must be getting old or its to much studying thats making my head go blank. ha ha thanks.:)

hi to everyone as ive just joined today!!!ive been lookin all mornin at spray tan courses for training. Just want to know what ones are recommended the best...and close as im from scotland (edinburgh) and does anyone know how you train with fake bake??

please comment back as im dying to know xxx

hi to everyone as ive just joined today!!!ive been lookin all mornin at spray tan courses for training. Just want to know what ones are recommended the best...and close as im from scotland (edinburgh) and does anyone know how you train with fake bake??

please comment back as im dying to know xxx

Hi and a warm welcome to salon Geek where you will find and receive as much help as is needed.

It would be unfair of me to recommend the best as all the brands offer different slants on what they consider to be the best.

I can't help you on Fake Bake but I can with "you know who" and we do have a trainer that can provide training local to you...simply have a look at our trainers section on our website (see below) and give them a call..they will be only to pleased to assist you.

Good luck and again welcome to the Salon Geek :hug:

Latest posts

Back