bikini wax advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyloutay

Reaction score
hi, how long does the hair need to be for a bikini wax?! my beautician said 3 weeks growth but as im sure people donbt grow at exactly the same rate id like to know the actual length! (i want to get it done but i dont want to go hairy for too long lol)

You are best having about 3-4 weeks growth to get the hair at the right growth stage and to ensure best long term results, however with the right wax you can actually remove hair that is a lot shorter (we managed to remove 1 weeks growth in some trials) but its best if you keep to the regular intervals of 3-4 weeks :hug:

thats agessssssss! lol the hair will be really long then :-( not sure i can cope with that, maybe ill stick with hair removal cream!

For waxing the hair should be minimum 5mm long. With a good wax and technique could be removed when it's a bit shorter.
Hth Keti

Hair needs to be about 1/8th of an inch. It's about the length of a grain of rice if that helps you visualise better :)

It's an ideal length to be waxed if it grows just before it starts to curl. If that makes sense. I find by waxing it too early it causes blood spots and can be a little more painful xxx

lmao, ill go get some rice and do some measuring then!

thanks for the replies, makes more sence to me now :)

Latest posts

Back