Bikini -waxing or sugaring and when is the best time

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaPapaya

Reaction score
Hi all - one for the skin geeks

I have booked myself on a Carribbean holiday and am very excited.

Thing is- being single for a few years now, the downstairs department is a bit untidy to say the least (embarrassed)

Anyway, what i want to ask - I need obviously to get hair removed from down there and want to know whens' best?

Probably not the day before I go, or is that ok.

I've never been waxed (anywhere) and usually shave if needs be (I'm not a holiday type of person), but did try sugaring on a very modest bikini line a few years ago, which was ok and that's why I'm leaning toward this way of removing bikinni hairs.

This time I will prob want the brazillan or something so:

How soon before holiday should i do it - my dates work out that I may be on period too just before (say the week before). I don't think I'd like to be "done" during that time :(

what is best for a very delicate area - wax or sugar?

thank you foryou time:)

The enjoy the benefits whilst you're on holiday and to avoid sun damage or burning, I would have it done two days before you go.

If you go for wax, make sure that it's a good quality hot wax. I don't know enough about sugaring to comment but Sugarflick is an expert so hopefully she'll see this thread and advise you.

Have a fab time. x

Thank you Kim.

I'm so nervous and excited about going, I didn't want to end up with chickesnskin or bumps or anything nasty.
Do I need to prepare the area in advance of a treatiment do you think? I'm rubbish at beatuy regimes :)

Thank you Kim.

I'm so nervous and excited about going, I didn't want to end up with chickesnskin or bumps or anything nasty.
Do I need to prepare the area in advance of a treatiment do you think? I'm rubbish at beatuy regimes :)

You could trim the hair just so that it's tidy, but don't trim it short. You really don't need to do anything to prepare and the results really do depend on your waxer and the product that they use, so choose wisely.

thank you very much. I will do some research into where to go.
hot wax sounds eeeeeek though for that area!!

i would also go for wax, best is one of the new generation polymer waxes...there is a few on the market and if you ask your therapist for a "non strip wax" she would know what you mean.

Depending on when your holiday is i would recommend to have the waxing done at least once before you go and then again a couple of days before you actually go on holiday, that way you are going to feel more comfortable about the treatment and your skin will react better as you are not going to achieve a completely smooth and bumpfree result after the first wax due to the different hair growth stages but your therapist should be able to help with that also in the consultation.

thank you wowbb.
I will try and find someone. I have rung a couple of places and they have not got back to me.
I'm going in first week of June so plenty of times. :)

Thank you Kim that is very kind to mention me. I'm desperate for staff now and there are no experienced sugaring practitioners down my way, got Emma once a week and a junior soon which helps a bit. X

You could trim the hair just so that it's tidy, but don't trim it short. You really don't need to do anything to prepare and the results really do depend on your waxer and the product that they use, so choose wisely.

Thank you Kim.

depending whereabouts in Hampshire you are, I'm not that far away and use Kim's method....

Lucky you going to the Carribean, I wish I was. Lycon hot wax is really good. As long as you have an experienced waxer you will be ok weather its strip wax or hotwax.

If you can get some Tea-tree lotion that will be great for after waxing to help prevent ingrowing hairs and also help keep the mossquitos away.

Lucky you going to the Carribean, I wish I was. Lycon hot wax is really good. As long as you have an experienced waxer you will be ok weather its strip wax or hotwax.

If you can get some Tea-tree lotion that will be great for after waxing to help prevent ingrowing hairs and also help keep the mossquitos away.

thanky you beautyguide :) I will look out for some teatree lotion.

Latest posts

Back