Bio Sculpture nails. Is this how its meant to be??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyrocket

Reaction score
I had my first Bio Sculpture French 2 weeks ago.
I loved it and it looked great.
Just went tonight for my rebalance and the girl that did it filed (with like a sandpaper file) my nails all over and round the edges of my nail including my cuticles and skin and cut me in several places round my nail and my skin is soooo sore. She was so rough with it. When it came to near where she put the top coat on I pointed out a white jaggedy line on the nails and she said 'Oh thats where I didn't file it down properly, you probably won't see that line when I put the top coat on though!' I sat there in shock while she painted the top coat over dusty gritty nails, paid and left. She looked bored senseless throughout and I was the last client of the day and boy could I tell!
My hands are so sore now and my little fingernail is still bleeding at the cuticle. I can't find my Solaroil to heal and soothe my skin so am using Almond oil. I took off the top coat myself when I got in and redid it and they are now smooth at least although I can see the white line clearly.
I'm not very good with face to face confrontation and am kicking myself because they weren't cheap and on either side of me were two ladies having beautiful nails created by diligent and careful, attentive manicurists and trust me to get the bored sloppy, rush-job charlie who even admitted she had done a crap job.
I'm clearly never going back there but for those who have Bio Sculpture nails is that what rebalance is usually like?? The filing I mean. I'm so sore and red now.

I dont use biosculpture, I do brisa gels, however there is NO reason she should have rebalenced your nails in that manner. I am SO sorry this happened. My rebalences consist of GENTLY buffing down the new growth, dusting the nails, cleansing with scrubfresh, primering the new growth then proceeding with my application. You have to be your own advocate at times, GOOD nails should never hurt. If you are in pain walk out. Where are you located? There are hundreds of talented decdicated techs who would love to show you what a wonderful product biosculpture is. Keep watch for infection or further irritation. Please call the salon and explain your experience maybe she can get the education she clearly needs. Happy holidays.

Thank you for your reply.
I'm in Wakefield near Leeds, UK.
My fingers are so sore today. What can I use to help them heal? I do have a bottle of Solaroil (but I seem to have misplaced it last night when I really need it grr) and also some Almond oil and some of the Bio Sculpture cuticle oil. Will these help?
I think if people had to endure that every time they had their nails rebalanced they wouldn't bother. I might ring the salon today and tell them, they have certainly lost this customer. I am most annoyed with myself though because I didn't say anything. I didn't know whether this was what happened though.
Thank you for your reply, I wish you were my Nail Tech.

Hi I have recently trained with bio sculpture and this is definitely not the way I was shown.
Yes we gently buff over the top to get off any top coat and if doing a french i file down the white bit quite alot and redo it so that you dont get a bulbous nail but never ever file the cuticle area.
I hope your experience hasnt put you off as bio sculpture is a great product with preservation of the natural nail being their main aim.
Merry Christmas :hug:

I have been using Bio Sculpture for many years, and am disappointed to read that you have had this unfortunate experience.

As with most nail systems, provided it is applied and removed correctly, there should be no damage to the nails or cuticles and certainly no pain or soreness.

For future reference, Bio Sculpture have a list of recommended salons/nail technicians, so just contact Bio Sculpture directly on 0845 331 2347, and they will be able to put in touch with one in your area.

Alot of clients do not speak up about things, dont feel bad:hug: The tech should be embarassed. I would use a cuticle oil to help heal. Geeks nearby please help this client find a properly trained tech. This is why many people feel enhancments damage, I am happy this has not put you off having them done. If you are ever in the U.S. ill hook you up :)

Merry christmas

Thank you for your replies. I've been using as much cuticle oil as poss and my cuticles are still red and very sore but only my little finger still has blood I can't reach. I emailed the salon and told them I won't be going back and why. I don't think they will respond and I wouldn't go back even if they offered free nails etc. I just hope the manager listens as such as other clients are spared that kind of treatment.
I will ring the number and see who Bio Sculpture recommend but if anyone on here is local to me please get in touch, I am in the market for a new, gentle nail Tech ;)
xxx

Oh dear... I quite agree this girl was lethal. No file needs to touch the clients skin, cuticle area & no client should leave in any sort of pain... Bio Sculptures training these days tend to not recommend clients having infills because it goes against what they advertise ie : There product requires limited filing / buffing & merely soaks off.
Either way infills & rebalance is a workable option with this product & as such you shouldnt have been put through this. I would only expect this kind of treatment from the local NSS salon :(
Good luck with finding someone Fully Trained (who is actually on the Bio Sculptures Recommended Website). Hugs from me x

Last edited by a moderator:
PS - Shame you didnt get this girls name. If she was trained by Bio Id be inclined to ring them & let them know how she is giving their product a bad name ! and if shes not trained by them it would give Bio the opportunity to check whose supplying her with the product !!! Naughty Naughty

Latest posts

Back