Bio Sculpture - No. 60 Chocoholic - Problems!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow Bright

Reaction score
Hi, I'm newly trained in Bio and am finding it hard to get a good finish with one colour in particular - No. 60. Whenever I apply, no matter how precise and tidy I am, by the time I've applied to the second nail ready to cook them both, the first one has started to run and flood the cuticle!
Has any one else had this problem or is it just me! Other colours (that I have) seem to be ok :-(

And I have stirred it properly!

Hello Elaine and welcome to Salon Geek :hug:

With dark Bio colours, I tend to cure just two fingers at a time as this helps to eliminate shrinkage.

Be sure also to use your orange stick as instructed, around the sidewalls and cuticle area.

For info, we have a Bio Sculpture Group on the site where you can share hints and tips and also ask Bio questions ... click Groups on the tool bar above, click Bio Sculpture, then follow the instructions to become a member of the group.

Hope that helps.

PS: Should you need any help navigating the site, please just ask one of the Geek Guides for assistance.

Hi there Elaine

Like Noodle said, keep your orange stick handy!! I swear by my stainless one, it has been my best friend!!

There are a few colours (usually dark ones) that are a little quicker to pull back and fray (gosh fray really doesn't look like it is spelt correctly, don;t think I have ever typed that word apologies), anyhow, having applied the 1st coat of colour to the first nail and used my ss orange stick to check I haven't let any gel touch any skin, I put it straight under the lamp to flash cure while I put the 1st coat of colour on the first finger of the other hand and then swap them over and start on the second finger etc etc etc - just to stop that first layer of colour moving.

I only ever do this with the colour layers and NONE of the others and to date have had no problems (finger crossed).

Do join the Bio Sculpture group - you;ll pick up loads of fabulous tips and there are lots of lovely Bio Geeks willing to share their knowledge who are far more experienced than me!!!!

I would always recommend giving the team a call where you trained, am sure they would be more than helpful.

:biggrin:

Thanks very much for your responses - I'll try doing one nail at a time to see if that helps x

I just thought of something else, so am posting again.

Another geek on the site gave a very useful tip when applying dark colours.

Dry brush each nail following application of the 1st layer of clear gel. For some reason, the dark colours seem to adhere much better afterwards.

HTHs

Thanks, I'll give that a try too. I joined the Bio group on here and I'm finding some really useful info, so great to be able to pick up hints and tips from all you talanted ladies! thanks again:p

I have just past my bio exam and am using the product on my clients. I have found that the colours all seem to have different textures which seems to effect stayingt power and application.
I have found 2012/10/87/94/20 spread lovely and do not lift however 89/2003 spread differently and seem to lift faster.
I have brought this to the attention of my examiner and she agrees that all colours have different textures. She tryed 89 on one of my nails and the same day I was able to peel the product from my nail.
I am very dissapointed. Does ne one have any feedback or have you experienced.
I now will be careful choosing my colours as have lost faith in the vibrant highly pigmant ones :(

I have just past my bio exam and am using the product on my clients. I have found that the colours all seem to have different textures which seems to effect stayingt power and application.
I have found 2012/10/87/94/20 spread lovely and do not lift however 89/2003 spread differently and seem to lift faster.
I have brought this to the attention of my examiner and she agrees that all colours have different textures. She tryed 89 on one of my nails and the same day I was able to peel the product from my nail.
I am very dissapointed. Does ne one have any feedback or have you experienced.
I now will be careful choosing my colours as have lost faith in the vibrant highly pigmant ones :(

Hi, just reading through this thread. I've been using Bio since November 2010 and I have found pearlised and gels with a sparkle in such last so much longer than your pastel type colours such as 2069 or 2029. I tend to stick with colours that look like they have a bit of texture to them if that makes sense? Like 2026 or 2022. Saying that though I have no problems with jinkie pink or other bright colours with no pearl effect. Its definitely the light pastel colours for me!

I'm waffling now, sorry!!! : ) x

Latest posts

Back