Biosculpture HELP

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Hi all.

I did a french biosculpture overlay on a new client almost two weeks ago and I phoned her after the first week to see how her nails were. She said they were fine.

Today she has texted me saying that 6 of them have lifted at the free edge, so she has picked them off.

She had biosculpture before in Cyprus and said they lasted 3 weeks.

She is coming on Friday (her infill appointment). She said after 12 days they all started peeling at the free edge.

What would make them peel at the free edge. I capped them and did all that I normally do, am confused as to what could have happened and would like some advice.

Sam

Hiya x

I have never known Bio to peel off at the free edge or anywhere to be honest...it will and can peel but only if started off by helping hands. My Bio ladies go anything from 3 weeks to 5 with no problems at all. If you have capped and done everything the same as you do with your other clients and there nails are fine then i would say she has done this....or she has used something that Bio doesn't like..cilit bang is a good one to ruin nails. xxxx

Hi hun

Could be a number of things, she may have filed them herself which would break the capped edge.

Sometimes it could be because it was either a little too thick or too thin.
She may have had her her hands immersed in water more, or just been picking at them.

Don't blame yourself, it's usually the after care.

Things I know def cause gel to lift or come off:

Wearing rubber gloves too long can make the gel lift and come off. A client of mine was doing her house up and had them on for hours, all the gel came off.

2 of my ladies have been putting nail strengthener on some of their nails lately, and the bio has just come straight off completely!

Have a look in your training manual there's a section in there for truobleshooting.

Deb379

I would say she's filed em.....(or you havent capped properly but you said you have so its not that.)

nothing else would make them lift at the free edge...

OR.....thinking about it....sometimes when you DO cap the free edge....there is a little lip/nobble of gel that could irritate.....one of my clients used to nibble these Bits off....hence peeling at the free edge !

ambx

Ditto as above ... a client of mine recently called to say that she'd filed one of her nails and the Bio gel had subsequently come off ... I advised her that by filing her nail, the seal of the gel had been broken so she is returning to have it re-applied ... doubt if it's anything you've done Sam.

also if the clients own nails are prone to peeling, then anything you put on top of them is likely to peel too.

Hi

Whilst on this subject, has anyone noticed a difference in any of the gels.

One client of mine has been having gel overlays for quite a while and never had any problems until she switched to mystique gel. This always seems to chip at the free edge and I always cap her nails, and she tells me she doesn't file them. I always put a final coat of clear on. I may have always put sealer on as a final coat before with the other colour, not sure if that would make a difference. I do know that she has been dieting lately, whether this has affected her nails I don't know.

Deb379

Deb379 said:
Hi

Whilst on this subject, has anyone noticed a difference in any of the gels.

One client of mine has been having gel overlays for quite a while and never had any problems until she switched to mystique gel. This always seems to chip at the free edge and I always cap her nails, and she tells me she doesn't file them. I always put a final coat of clear on. I may have always put sealer on as a final coat before with the other colour, not sure if that would make a difference. I do know that she has been dieting lately, whether this has affected her nails I don't know.

Deb379

debs..................angie and i have had the same conversation the other day.....bio was the best thing since sliced bread untill about 3 weeks ago we've been having probs left right and centre! LIKE something significant must have changed OR THE PENNY PINCHIN' clients stretching appointments further than they normally would ...........i may give bio a ring tomorrow to see if theres been any changes !!

amb x

Hi Minkus

What sort of things have you noticed?

I also thought my new pot of clear gel looked very much like the S Gel colour slightly yellow, I had to check the pot a couple of times as I thought they'd sent me the wrong one. My old clear gel was just clear, have you spotted this?

If you drop me a pm about any niggles you have I'll drop them an email.

Regards
Deb379

Deb379 said:
I also thought my new pot of clear gel looked very much like the S Gel colour slightly yellow, I had to check the pot a couple of times as I thought they'd sent me the wrong one. My old clear gel was just clear, have you spotted this?

Deb379

just my input.... my clear gel is always yellowy, but my s-gel is VERY clear!!​
does this mean i am getting dodgy pots of gel, or am i reading your post wrong?

x

I have noticed that my sculpting gel is a funny colour - it looks grey whereas my last pot looked like an off white colour?:confused:

Hi there

No you haven't misread, I remember being quite surprised at the colour of my new pot of clear as it seemed the same colour as my S gel!

The colour of my sculpting gel is greyish but not had a new pot so can't comment on whether a new one would be different.

Bit worrying

Deb379

Only thing i can think is.....if my client comes back every two weeks on the dot....and her nails arent stupidly long....then the gels fine..........push it past 2 weeks (as they seem to do this time of year) and they come with the stuff HANGING off.....sometimes nails took with it....and thats MY FAULT....!!! (so they MAKE Me feel like)

I loved bio....i was mrs NO 1 FAN.......but its letting me down...or the clients are:D ....just going to keep my client records uptodate......and see how it goes in the new year....i am gradually introducing some of them to AkZENTS to try out.....so far ...so good and CheAPer ....bonus !!

I can particularly recommend the trilite gel as it STOPS THE BIO YELLOWING.

Amb x

Just to back up what Amber is saying...i too have had the same problems. With me its like the first NNO you do on a client is brill...come back 2-3 weeks later and its perfect...this continues for a while with infill's and soak offs every 3/4 visit and then all a sudden the client starts saying they are not lasting as well and they have had some lifting !!!! i think (maybe wrong) that it may have something to do with all these soak offs !!! could it be weakening the nail ??? is the once great foundation that they had to work on in the first place now a not so great foundation ????? some clients are pickers, with out doubt...if they come back to me with all the gel off after 2-3 weeks then its def been picked/peeled off, but after a while with bio they do seem to start having problems.

I have been using the Akzentz gels and love them...had a few teething problems, but all seems to be sorted now...its just about learning to use a different gel and knowing how it works. Did a client last night who had it on for 3 weeks and to be honest i didn't have alot to do at all...they looked perfect, so i buffed the shine off, in-filled at zone 3, re-glossed and done. This gel can be thinned out by file unlike Bio (it rips) so no soak offs are necessary.

Latest posts

Back