Birmingham training dilemma

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkiichiicka

Reaction score
Hello there!

I was just looking for some advice really please? :lol:
Really sorry that this is quite long :eek:

Right now, I am strapped for cash in the way that I can only really afford one course not a load of courses because the previous ones weren't that great etc, so I'm really looking for the most cost-effective thing to do. I decided I don't want to go to university anymore. I am currently looking for a job, just a little one to get me through these next few months. For the past 2 or 3 years, my interest has been all things nail-related, which is a big deal for me because I'm fussy and don't have many interests :confused: So I feel like now is the time to take things further.

I've been looking at colleges that offer nail courses (I live in Birmingham by the way). The three colleges that I narrowed down to have the course in the evenings which I am not too keen on.

Then I've looked at companies like OPI, LCN, Next Step Beauty.

I haven't heard much about Next Step Beauty in terms of whether it's good or not. I have been looking at the Complete Course which is 5 days. Is this too short? It looks like you learn alot, which is great, but that amount of time just seems really rushed?

Then there's the Complete LCN Nail Tech which is 6 days, again, too short? Has anyone experienced training with them?

I use alot of OPI products for fun, so I thought it was cool that OPI did courses too. The OPI course I was looking at at first was the Mani/Pedi for 2 days. But then The Foundation Course caught my eye, which is 7 days, I believe? The price for this is similar to the CND Naturally course which I'm liking the look of. And although this doesn't include acrylic and stuff like that, it has Shellac and I don't know much but I feel like this would be more popular than the OPI products? What would you get at the end of the OPI course, like what qualification?

But then the CND Complete course looks oh so tempting as you get the whole shabbang and the ITEC qualification. I haven't used any of CNDs products but I watch their videos on Youtube all the time and I'm just sitting there like... I would love to do that! Their products look amazing. But of course, the big turn off is the cost. I asked if they do a payment plan but they don't. I CAN just about afford it. I don't know, I feel like I just need to be pushed over the edge to just go for it, you know?

OPI and CND are about the same length of time away, over an hour and a half by train.

Like I said, it's going to be a big risk whichever I choose. I don't mind paying for one good course and then another good course. But what I don't want to have to do is splash out on a course that isn't so great and then do a good course, if you get what I mean? I'd really like a course where I could get alot of hands-on experience.

But yeah if anyone has done a great training course in Birmingham or near, or with any places I mentioned or didn't mention, please I would love to hear how things went, whether it was with a company or college or whatever really, whether you think it was worth it.

Thank you so much! ;):hug:

Creative Complete (funny how everyone and their aunt is now calling their courses COMPLETE to copy) It is the most comprehensive, the longest, the most awarded education provider, using the best products with the best trainers in the country, the most value added as EVERYTHING is included in the price, and the CND diploma at the end of the course and an ITEC qualification as well as if you wish it. There are lots of threads here about the Creative Complete Course and a group that you can join when you have booked your course, for support. Go view it now. You can read what the current geek students are saying. It is the one to go for. :green:

Latest posts

Back