Bizarre lack of business consistency. Anyone else?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

topcuts

Reaction score
Well on the whole what an amazing 3 weeks but how weird is it that yesterday we were rushed off our feet, had people waiting and had to turn 2 clients away yet this afternoon, nothing. nil. zip. nada.

This morning was steady and tomorrow morning is really busy.

We are open til 8pm tonight (as we are on Tuesdays too) so lets hope there is a walk in, however my apprentice is sat with her long hair in foils as I type.....She is happy haha.

I just want some steadiness soon please aarrgghhh!!!

Ooh and geeks, the new Introduce A Friend card scheme I started last week is really working, go for it. I have had bookings this week and already have some for next week. Speculate to accumulate.

Exactly the same. Mental busy till about 4 then nothing. I have never seen such a bizarre December in all my years as a hairdresser. I can't work it out.

Same here. Every day this week ive been full up 8am til 9pm. This afternoon and tonight? Nothing. Phone not even ringing.

Disconcerting.

a local established 30yrs in trading salon has text saying theyve never had such a bad year and they are skint but all of a sudden its gone busy. if people that are well known and long term are struggling, there is no hope!

oh well lets wait and see what tomorrow brings, good luck everyone!

how are your christmas eve's looking? ours is sporadic to say the least so very much hoping for some casuals. funny thoough cos people are ringing saying "i know its really late and youre probably too busy but is there any chance..." and we are pretending to do them a favour!!!

I sent a text out to all our clients saying we have late availability, also an email. I'm pretty booked up xmas eve, but still have 2 blow dry slots available. One of my normally very busy stylists is really quiet.
We had a rampant November, so I don't understand this.
My salon is a big, busy, established one. The smaller salon was busy all this week, but dead quiet tom and Xmas eve!

Uk economy is screwed! The hairdressers in my local town are busy but only because they are playing the who can undercut who game.
One salon is charging £5 for a gents cut!!! WT*!
There are no winners in that game that's why i refuse to play.

same here. someone suggested us doing some offers through january. i simply said we cannot go lower on our prices, wont and the introduce a friend scheme (20%) and loyalty card (5th service 20%) is our offer. i will not not not go lower and in fact my senior stylist suggested sneaking our colour prices up but when doing some mystery shopping (my other half and friend) we are pretty much bang on so will stick as we are.

Interesting thread. I need a cut before Xmas but assumed I've left it way too late so haven't bothered ringing any to find out. Texting clients to let them know you have availability is a great idea.

On that note, Im now off to see if I can squeeze in anywhere!

Xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation using SalonGeek

I wish I was quiet tomorrow I'm shattered! The week started off slow for me but I haven't stopped today and tomorrow is the same.

my clients hate texts so i dont do them ever....different people different things i suppose :)

careful what u wish for littlekate cos it'll be that dreaded month of january before you know it!

It's been a strange month...lots of last minute bookings rather than advance bookings. This week i've had the biggest intake since i opened 4.5 years ago.

The hair salon i'm in also broke their record xx

Wow! Glad I'm not the only one! I got home last night at 10pm after a mad manic day, then today 90min gap in the middle of the day and back home for 8pm! Tomorrow is by far my busiest day and Xmas eve I'm fully booked but the other girls aren't. It's so weird xx

We've just had another bumper day to be honest. Just got home now and I am shattered! Like Persianista, my main salon is a large, well established one.

The other smaller salons in the same area were all closed by 5pm though. ???

Weird.

We've been so busy that my manager has asked me for a new target. She has 5 targets for the salon and they go up to Diamond. Her sales forecast upto 31st December already surpasses the Diamond target by £200. :eek: Tomorrow we have another £1600 booked in, so I am guessing with retail it will go past £2K if all clients show up.

Christmas Eve we are fully booked and had to open up columns for the juniors so we weren't turning clients away. I'm not complaining. This looks like it will be our best December ever!

Maybe we could say what type of salons we're in to see if that helps? Ours is in a village about 5 miles from the city centre.

Am between Bromley town centre and Chislehurst. Prime banker belt here. Everywhere was eerily quiet today, even the roads. Have had my main salon 12 years, and never seen a xmas like this

Latest posts

Back