Bleach & 40vol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee5

Reaction score
Hope someone can help!
Have a junior working with us at the min who is returning to hairdressing, but who didnt qualify fully years ago. She has an obsession with getting bleach and 40 on her hair.
Wont accept that I wont put bleach and 20 on only.
I caat do bleach and 20 twice as when I apply the toner on after the bleach tint it becomes too much for her scalp. And thats only with colour releaser!
And I cnat leave it 3 days inbetween as the yellow does her absolute head in.

So can anyone give me anything to tell her about bleach and 40.
I have said everything I know to her, ie it takes too quick too fast, can leave it uneven, can REALLY damage the hair etc. When I say there is no need for it she says well im not happy with the way bleach and 20 comes up................ so I need the 40!

Help! :irked:

What brand of lightener are you using? Check the manufacturers instructions and they will more than likely state not to use 40 vol for on scalp applications under any circumstance. If it doesnt explain why then get your Junior to ring the manufacturer herself and ask them why they advise not to use it. This will either get the penny to drop or scare her off using it lol.
But stick to your guns, you know you shouldnt use it on her scalp so dont.

Oh good idea see she is in her 40's and I find it hard to explain things like this as in Eh I know better than you type of way....... cause shes older?

It is hard sometimes to get through to older staff, they often think that Age equals experience which in many cases it doesnt. Likelihood is that when she trained you could still use 60 Vol which we all know is now banned. Thankfully Hairdressing; like all things in life, moves on. So stand fast and check your instructions, if they advise not to use on scalp with anything more than 6% or 9% then tell her youre only following what your manufacturer has advised. Let her take her issue up with them if she wants an answer

Just inform her, that's very old hat and not needed nowadays because the thechnology in bleach is better meaning you now use 10vol and 20vol but leave on for a little longer, maybe do two applications in some cases. Resulting in better condition :) x

Latest posts

Back