Bleach bath or bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleMissTracy

Reaction score
Hiya,
I'm new here, but I have been searching about bleach baths.
I was going to bleach and tone my hair myself after doing some research as when I last did my hair light blonde from a box dye it went orangey, but this was back in the 80's. I'm wanting to go a light blonde but not platinum, more like Reese Witherspoon
So on another forum, bleach baths were mentioned and I pondered and have thought this maybe the way to go.
I have quite long hair
0BF13231-D745-4079-BE95-E4FA33A5AA4E-326-00000089D8D687C4_zps8e20dd04.jpg

This is about the nearest to my natural colour but I have a fair bit of grey and colour ever 5-6 weeks.
I have also been putting Coconut oil on my hair and scalp and sleeping in it once a week, and I have some ApHogee protien treatment on the way for my hair preperation although I don't think my hair is in very bad condition.
So some advice please, Before leaping I wondered though how are the roots maintained?
Is a blue bleach the way to go? (thinking of the brassyness)
Are the cheaper brands to stear clear from? (on a budget)
Thanks in advance
Tracy

Please go and see a professional hairdresser or your nearest college which has a hairdressing section.

College students will love doing this, and it'll cost the same as you attempting to buy pro products yourself and snapping all your hair off :)

When it comes to bleaching the full head and long hair, even if its a bleach bath, leave it to the professionals; I know it can be costly, but it's not as simple as putting it on and washing it off, and you really don't want to damage lovely long hair; get the bleaching done at a college and then maintain it yourself at home x

Ps. It can still go orangey after a bleach bath

Thanks for the suggestion of the college. I'd never considered that :)
I can look into that provided I can spare the time as I know that they can take a lot longer as they're learning.
Just a question, maintaing roots, isn't this just as difficult to do? Being only the roots and matching the colour.
Thanks again and in advance

Latest posts

Back