Bleach bathing then colouring

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nietta

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Ive used a home colour tonight (i know....shoot me down, sorry :smack:) now, the roots of my hair have gone a nice vibrant red but the ends are still dark, Ive just called a mobile hairdresser i used to use, as my current salon have refused to do anything because they wont use bleach on my hair. This mobile lady has said she can bleach bath my ends just a bit to pull out some of the colour then apply the same colour to the ends (im assuming the pro equivalent). After bleach bathing can she apply the red to the ends straight away? I would think this would turn it pink or dark as the hair is porous and will suck the colour?
Should she wait between the two, and if so how long do i need to be walking around with orange ends for??!!!

Thanks!

How come the salon won't do it for you?
The mobile stylist will know what to use when she sees how much it lifts out :hug:

they said they only use bleach on hair if someone's hair is already light. not on dark brown such as mine as they will be liable if something happened like breakage.
She has said shes going to use 20/30vol creme bleach with 2tbs powder bleach and 3tbs shampoo and wash through and leave for 1o minutes....does this sound approximately right for dark brown hair? The roots are fine, she just needs to lift the ends to be able to match the colour to the top.

But shes said she'll lift to a orangey colour then put the red on, but im not sure if its okay to put the red on straight after???

Im not sure why you are asking us questions about bleach bathing...your hairdresser is armed with all the relevant knowledge, you dont really need to know anything that you are asking unless you are actually planning to do a DIY job, which I strongly advise against.

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

Im asking because this woman is qualified, but that does not mean it will turn out right. I trust her, however Id rather get an opinion from a whole forum of pro's on what shes said shes going to do.
I dont know about hair, i'd just assume that after a bleach bath, you wouldn't be able to put a colour straight on....thats all i need to know to ease my mind so i can go ahead and book with her. Just want to clarify for my own peace of mind that everything shes saying shes going to do sounds correct to the rest of you?

Hi your hairdresser sounds of the old school!!! Which is good. Yes she'll be fine doin the bleach bath,just lifting the ends so the. Proper tint will cover evenly. Your hair will be drier so you will have use conditioning treatments, but will be fine.x

okay so she can put the red on straight after the bleach bath and it wont soak to much up or snap off? Thats what im worried about :s x

No thats not how to bleach bath!!!!! But u can put the tint straight on after!

Why are we advising without seeing her hair? Your regular salon knows your hair and has advised against bleach bathing as your hair is fragile. Why not leave the colour for a few days (wash twice a day with baby shampoo) to see how much tone lifts out without bleaching?

my hairs not fragile, my normal salon just wont use bleach on dark hair full stop they said. not unless its in a highlights sense. Not just a bleach bath or straight on.

I would still let it rest for a bit. You had already coloured hair, you then put a home colour on, then you are going to bleach bath followed by another colour all within a week? Make sure you have a bucket sized tub of protien rich conditioner cos your hair is gonna need it! Good luck

I'm not sure why a salon won't perform a colour correction - whether it be highlights or not bleach is the only way to lift dark hair other blonde tints will not lift dark hair.

In my experience bleach bathing hair if done correctly doesn't cause as much damage as everyone thinks - in most cases if a treatment has been applied afterwards hair actually feels better. That's not to say all hair is suitable to be bleach bathed.

You're mobile hairdresser will know what to do for the best - she only needs to lift it to orange if you're red which is a good thing.

think i need to be a little less suspicious and trust her haha. thanks girls :)

I'm not sure why a salon won't perform a colour correction - whether it be highlights or not bleach is the only way to lift dark hair other blonde tints will not lift dark hair.

In my experience bleach bathing hair if done correctly doesn't cause as much damage as everyone thinks - in most cases if a treatment has been applied afterwards hair actually feels better. That's not to say all hair is suitable to be bleach bathed.

You're mobile hairdresser will know what to do for the best - she only needs to lift it to orange if you're red which is a good thing.

I totally agree, i cant understand why the salon don't use bleach...very odd maybe they are just not confident enough to do colour corrections! Your mobile hairdresser sounds like she knows what she's talking about though so i would take her advice. I do quite a lot of colour correction & i use the bleach bath method a lot & it always works well!x

Latest posts

Back