Bleach blonde underneath? Dark on top?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NatalieJade

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!

I had a request today that I havent had in the whole 3 years ive been doing this!

I have a request for blonde on the bottom, and dark on the top.

I would say she is a base 5, so im thinking of doing 9% initially on a test piece, see what the elasticity is like, and if thats ok, do that. If not, ill see with 6%. Her hair is in good condition, so 9% should be ok.

However, ive never had to do this style before, and im concerned with how much hair I need to section off to 'keep brown.'

And, would you just do lots of individual packets of bleach, not weaved? Back to back?

Can you guys suggest a good toner also? Ive recently just started using Capital Hair And Beauty, instead of my old local hairdressing warehouse. So, a toner that they stock would be perfect! :)

Thank you in advance! Not sure what id do without all of your help haha!

Okay first does the client want foils ? Or a block colour.
If she wants foils I would go back to back.
Capital stock l'oreal, wella, Tigi, igora, xx

Okay first does the client want foils ? Or a block colour.
If she wants foils I would go back to back.
Capital stock l'oreal, wella, Tigi, igora, xx

Talk her out of it, that technique is so old fashioned not to mention vile! her friends will pass comment but actually hate it! do something alot more complimentary for her x

I second blue!!!
It's so 5 years ago, but if she insists, then when you section the underneath away from the blonde, you need to kind of zig zag section so it blends nicely instead of being blonde then a straight line of dark.
I hope this makes sense!
If she is set on doing this, then don't do too dark on the underneath!
Xxx

why not pick ombre/bayalage? its a much better current look, more fashion forward, the blonde underneath is pretty much done and dusted! Unless its different colour say a richer plum for xmas! hths xoxo

Talk her out of it, that technique is so old fashioned not to mention vile! her friends will pass comment but actually hate it! do something alot more complimentary for her x

HA HA HA best idea !!! Maybe she might mean ombré, or she might be going for the next series of shameless :D he he xxauditing

I was thinking she wants ombre this is what I going for.
So may be she Ment like this pic below .
I would do a large diamond section ontop, then back to back foil with blonde underneath..
But Only just going back into hair after 7 yr break, there may be a different way..

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322751392.576334.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1322751392.576334.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 106,871
Last edited:
She definately wants the blonde on bottom, dark on top. Not ombre. Ive tried persuading her, I cant see why anyone would want a look like a skunk!

Reminds me of being in year 10 at school haha!

She literally just wants a 'block bleach' section on the bottom.

I have no idea why, but, its her choice. No matter how much I have tried to check this is what she wants, and that she doesnt want it highlighted, and doesnt want it ombre.

Again, no idea why anyone would want it..

Thanks for the help :)

Latest posts

Back