Bleach reaction?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clare737

Reaction score
Hi Appreciate I don’t have all the facts here and I’m not a hairdresser but..
Yesterday (Saturday) I had bleach to the scalp, first time in like a long time attempting a platinum blond. My face went bright red, and puffy and my palms were itching like crazy. They took the bleach off and I took a antihistamine and it subsided after a few hours, but obviously didn’t get a toner applied. I’m going back for a patch test this week and If ok I’ll have the toner. I now recall my face going a bit red in places when I used to have hi-lift.
It’s a Schwarzkopf salon, and it was a blue powder mix, it’s not my lady week and I washed my hair Thursday evening.
Looking for any feedback really, will steer clear in future and maybe just get full head highlights (which I used to get)
Thanks

It sounds like a sensitivity to one of the ingredients in the bleach mix. Without testing each separate ingredient, it’s impossible to be certain of the culprit. If you were struggling with a highlift tint, it could point to an ingredient in the developer perhaps?

Sounds like you need to be very careful about anything touching your scalp. Definitely insist on a patch test prior to any colour service in the future.

It sounds like a sensitivity to one of the ingredients in the bleach mix. Without testing each separate ingredient, it’s impossible to be certain of the culprit. If you were struggling with a highlift tint, it could point to an ingredient in the developer perhaps?

Sounds like you need to be very careful about anything touching your scalp. Definitely insist on a patch test prior to any colour service in the future.
Hi
Thanks for your response. To be fair my hairdresser was great, and she is insisting on patch test every time now. So we’ll see!

Latest posts

Back