Blending the Tips...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercury

Reaction score
Hi there folks,

I am in the midst of my Creative L&P course, and tomorrow I am going to do my first full set on a friend. I'm happy with my progress but my time is sloooooow, and I think I've figured that i spend ALOT of time blending the tips once they're applied. I have been taught to blend once the tip has been applied to the nail, and I am very careful about not filing the natural nail plate. However, I have noticed that alot of you buff the tip prior to application, after pre-tailoring. What file do you use to achieve this? I use the 100-grit to pre-tailor the well area ~ do I also then use that side of the file to feather out the front surface of the well area prior to application?? I'm thinking that must shave some time off as one can go a little firmer and faster there (although being careful not to go straight thru it!)...

Any other clues? I really can't see where else I can speed things up any more at my level, as I know that the L&P application will naturally speed up with more experience...

I have been writing down my times for each section:
  • Manicure PREP
  • Tip Application
  • Tip Blending
  • L&P Application
  • Filing & Buffing
...but I don't have my times here with me (I'm at work).

I will post my times tomorrow for some feedback :)

Thanks,
Mercury

Hi Mercury,

I use the HOt Shot for pre-tailoring and blending. I do two lots of blending, firstly I apply the tip of course lol! I then file very firmly at an angle, so not down and onto the nail plate more 45 degree angle, across the nail tip to thin it out, then go back a second tim, do exactly the same motion, still very firm, and work acoss the tip until the line dissapears. It's tricky but small fast movements will leave you on one part of the tip for ages, so I use longer, firmer strokes.

God, If we weren't talking nails the above paragraph wouldn't be appropriate coversation would it!!! LOL!!! Sorry, trying to keep my self amused at work ... :)

Hope this helps hun!!! :hug:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rose143 said:
God, If we weren't talking nails the above paragraph wouldn't be appropriate coversation would it!!! LOL!!!

lol
x

I must admit that the ambiguity of that thread crossed my mind, too :D

Thanks for the 'tip' (pardon the pun)....obviously it is possible, as geeg says to apply the tip and then blend whilst keeping the time OK....

ahhh, practice, practice, practice, and until then, get a cushion for my friend's to sit on to keep thier butt from going numb....

Mercury

Yeah, the cushion only works for a short period of time I find but then I start with the "I really appreciate you doing this for me, it means so much to me" guilt line, that normally does it for another hour or so, because they would feel to guilty to start getting restless after a comment like that!!! :)

Latest posts

Back