blending

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOE!

Reaction score
quick question that im still cofused with. When im blending tips i use the tuxedo file. What side am i supposed to be using to do this the white or black. I thought i saw my teacher using the black but it feels very rough. Can someone explain to me? thanks again!

i have only just purchased one of these, at the mo im using the white. but if thats incorrect i'd be interested to know too

xxx

zoeCU said:
quick question that im still cofused with. When im blending tips i use the tuxedo file. What side am i supposed to be using to do this the white or black. I thought i saw my teacher using the black but it feels very rough. Can someone explain to me? thanks again!

You should be using the black side to shape the free edge and de-bulk the tip, once you get anywhere near the natural nail and start to seriously blend flip over to the white side - a Koala (short padded buffer) is also really good for blending, and a Kanga (long thin board) is great for getting at the 'ears' of the tip

HTH

Trin
xx

zoeCU said:

The black Side is 180 grit is for use on Tips and Overlays only, the white side is 240 for blending the tip to seemless when working near the natural nail and for refineing the shape only after using the Black side if necessary.

You should never use a 180 on or near the natural nail...hope this helps

The higher the number the finer the grit is the lower the harsher/rougher the grit is :)

Latest posts

Back