Blonde hair - need professional advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darbydoo

Reaction score
Hi

I'm having a nightmare at the moment with various salons. I have been trying to get a creamy blonde hair colour using highlight for around a year now with no luck.

Firstly, I had bleach with a hi-lift tint on my hair, but as my natural colour is a little warm, the tint would turn a bit ginger very quickly.

Secondly, a new hairdresser suggested a bleach and a wella koleston 7/7. This got rid of the ginger, but my hair now looks a very dull blonde and is much too dark.

I decided to go to high quality salons for consultations and had different suggestions from each:

1. All over bleach highlights with loreal platinum, followed by loreal dialight used as a toner afterwards.

2. Wella koleston 12/11 along with bleach. my concern with this one is firstly - will this go ginger again being a hi-life tint and secondly - will this lift the koleston 7/7 that's already on it?

I'm leaning more towards option one for the light, bright and creamy blonde that i'm after, but any professional advice would be welcomed. Thank you!

Do you have a picture of your hair?

Option number one. The creamy-blonde toner will fade but you will still be left with a light blonde colour.

Any highlight tint will fade and will leave you with what you call ginger.

Upload a photo of your hair and a colour you'd like! X

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've attached 2 pics of my hair now (one with and without flash!), along with a pic of the colour that i'd like to have.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 343
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 370
  • photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 660
Hi

I'm having a nightmare at the moment with various salons. I have been trying to get a creamy blonde hair colour using highlight for around a year now with no luck.

Firstly, I had bleach with a hi-lift tint on my hair, but as my natural colour is a little warm, the tint would turn a bit ginger very quickly.

Secondly, a new hairdresser suggested a bleach and a wella koleston 7/7. This got rid of the ginger, but my hair now looks a very dull blonde and is much too dark.

I decided to go to high quality salons for consultations and had different suggestions from each:

1. All over bleach highlights with loreal platinum, followed by loreal dialight used as a toner afterwards.

2. Wella koleston 12/11 along with bleach. my concern with this one is firstly - will this go ginger again being a hi-life tint and secondly - will this lift the koleston 7/7 that's already on it?

I'm leaning more towards option one for the light, bright and creamy blonde that i'm after, but any professional advice would be welcomed. Thank you!

Firstly I am not a professional but I had the same problem as you and have FINALLY got the nice bright blonde that I wanted without any ginger tones. The way my hairdresser achieved this was with a hi lift tint with a higher peroxide which is probably what you need, so that it lifts light enough and she also used heat on my hair. One thing I have learnt from my hairdresser is you don't need bleach to lift your hair light enough , a hi lift tint will do the trick (unless your base is black!)

Option number one. The creamy-blonde toner will fade but you will still be left with a light blonde colour.

Any highlight tint will fade and will leave you with what you call ginger.

I have hi-lift tint and it doesn't fade and I never look ginger :)

I have hi-lift tint and it doesn't fade and I never look ginger :)

Amy-Lou, sigh, everyone's hair is different, what works for you is not a standard across the whole world.

Amy-Lou, sigh, everyone's hair is different, what works for you is not a standard across the whole world.

Yes but stating that hi lift will go ginger is also not a standard across the whole world - I was just saying that for me I don't go ginge and it doesn't fade :D

Last edited:
Yes but stating that hi lift will go ginger is also not a standard across the whole world - I was just saying that for me I don't go ginge and it doesn't fade :D

When I said that highlift tint will fade "ginger" I was only talking about OPs hair, since we already know from her past colour that when it fades she percieves it look "ginger" and this colour is comming from her natural pigmentation, therefore she would have the same issue with any brand/ shade of highlift tint. =)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

When I said that highlift tint will fade "ginger" I was only talking about OPs hair, since we already know from her past colour that when it fades she percieves it look "ginger" and this colour is comming from her natural pigmentation, therefore she would have the same issue with any brand/ shade of highlift tint. =)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I see where you are coming from but I have had hi lift before that did go ginger as there wasn't enough peroxide. What I was trying to suggest was a higher peroxide will lift the hair lighter and I no longer get a ginger tone. Wasn't digging you out hun, you are the professional, just this is what worked for me and I didn't have to resort to bleach (although there is nothing wrong with bleach either!) x

Thanks for the replies!

Given past experience with the hi lift tints, I've decided to go with just fine highlights using bleach only, followed by a toner.

If that is too dry/ light then I guess I will try the hi lift tints again.

Out of interest, do you know what brand and shade hi lift tints are used in your hair? The one that's been recommended is the koleston 12/11 one. Loreal majiblond 9/11 was no good :(

An important reminder for both OP's of Consumer Queries threads and those who respond, is that Salon Professionals will be reluctant give out professional advice in view of the time, effort and expense which has gone into their training, plus it is against site rules for non professionals to give professional advice when unqualified to do so:

"In the forums where you are not a professional (i.e. the Hair Geek forum if you are not a professional hair messer) you may not give advice. This is a forum for professionals and the only way to keep it that way is to make sure that you are very careful in your comments that you make in forums where you hold no qualifications. It is fine to chime in with opinion as long as it does not lead readers to construe that the information you have given is a professional recommendation. On that note, please do NOT recommend OTC (Over the counter) products and services. These are not professional."

On that note, I shall now close the thread and suggest that the OP returns to her hairdresser to seek the advice required.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back