Blonde hair, white roots!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raspberryr

Reaction score
Hello all!
Just looking for some opinions on what might help with my problem!

I've got light blonde hair which I lightened gradually using the schwartzkoff Live platinum blonde about 6 months ago. It was a little uneven so I used a golden shampoo I got from superdrug which evened it all out. My hair is in really good condition as I get it cut regularly (last cut 2 weeks ago), I use conditioning products, hair oil and masks and try to avoid heated tools. I don't have any (visible!) split ends, dry or damaged hair.

The problem is, I used the same schwartzkoff live to lighten my roots and they are now very white compared to the rest of my hair. I used the golden shampoo hoping to add the same colour but it doesn't seem to have taken to the roots at all. I'm just wondering if there is something else I can try to even the colour?

I completely understand that I do anything at my own risk and no-one can give me a fail-safe method, I'm just hoping someone can point me in the right direction basically!
Thanks so much for any help!

Go to a salon and explain the above, you have used one of the worst products on the market and so anything else you may use could cause it to literally melt and burn the scalp. Xoxo

Thanks for the reply!! I really can't afford to go to a salon with it being January and a mountain of bills including car insurance to look forward to next month. Is there anything you could suggest?? I would be very reluctant to dye it as I do try to keep my hair in good condition. I was hoping there would be a more gentle approach? When I had red hair I used a colour ball to keep the colour but a hairdresser I asked said that I would have the same problem with it not taking to my roots.
I didn't know it was one of the worst dyes on the market :eek: :eek: is this your personal view or one of those widely known things that just passed me by??

Call around all your local colleges and see which ones have a hairdressing course.

The level 3's would bite your hand off to fix this as an assessment and depending on the college, it'd cost pennies (under £30 probably).

Good luck!

PS really don't try and fix it yourself you'll do more damage and it'll cost ££££££ to put it right. Get calling the colleges :)

Latest posts

Back