Blonde highlights on red hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eve26g

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to get lots of blonde highlights put into my red hair, just wanted any hairdressers advice with this? I've attached a photo so you can see what my hair colour is naturally, although my hair is now quite a bit shorter than in this photo. From this photo would you say blonde highlights would turn out well? How would they do it? Completely strip the colour, then add blonde in?

I would want it done with foils as i feel with the cap they would not be noticeable and too thin.

Another thing is, when the hair grows, what would happen with the roots where the highlights are? Do they colour the roots?

Thanks

Eve

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 2,331
Naturally red hair is very difficult to lift to a pale blonde as it has a lot of warmth in it and it will probably look quite gold.

A bleach solution will be used and I'd hope your hairdresser takes a few strands for testing when they do a skin test (as they may need to use a toner afterwards). The strand tests will show what colour can be achieved and what condition the hair will be left in.

The roots can be touched up as the hair grows, but you would need to have them re-done quite frequently.

Why dont you have some blonde extensions fitted scattered throughout your hair? Youll get the highlighted effect you want, and it wont blend through your red making it look wishy washy. When the extensions grow down, just have them re fitted. You also wont be damaging your own red hair by bleaching it, and if you dont like it, you can simply have them out
xxx

Latest posts

Back